INEOS Grenadier

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
I'm moving ever closer to becoming a future owner.
This looks more and more like what the New Defender should have been. The build of the GWagen, the spirit of the Defender.

I want to see the interior soon, though.

I am absolutely in love with this thing.
I am working on to get a Ford Transit AWD or a Sprinter, but somethings is telling me in my mind to wait and see the Grenadier first.
A new Grenadier may not even be that expansive than a new, but empty, 4x4 Sprinter.

Steve321

I am absolutely in love with this thing.
I am working on to get a Ford Transit AWD or a Sprinter, but somethings is telling me in my mind to wait and see the Grenadier first.
A new Grenadier may not even be that expansive than a new, but empty, 4x4 Sprinter.

I'm interested in all three also - the Grenadier won't have standing up space potential will it?

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
I'm interested in all three also - the Grenadier won't have standing up space potential will it?

No. It will be too low for that. Though overall size and interior space will probably be bigger than the Wrangler and the Land Cruiser.
This seems too be such a good expedition vehicle that I might be ok with the tradeoffs.

At this moment in my life, given my outdoor hobbies such as upland hunting, fishing and exploring the rural America a van makes most sense, but on the other hand this is a vehicle I have been dreaming since I saw the first Camel Trophy Defenders passing through the town I grew up in.
Practically speaking, a Ford Crew Cab AWD short wheelbase and mid-roof is the most the best candidate for me.

Paddler Ed

Adventurer
And a bit more from Autocar on the Ineos:

(And I think Matt Prior is right, the real competition at the working end will be the double cabs; on the fancy street, it'll be something completely out of their radar and competitor matrix - much like how a Range Rover competitor is a Mercedes S-Class in many ways)

ChasingOurTrunks

And a bit more from Autocar on the Ineos:

(And I think Matt Prior is right, the real competition at the working end will be the double cabs; on the fancy street, it'll be something completely out of their radar and competitor matrix - much like how a Range Rover competitor is a Mercedes S-Class in many ways)

It's a fair point that Ineos is playing in the Truck's market, but I think the error of the assumption by Mr. Prior is that Ineos has to "beat" pickup trucks. It doesn't; it only has to be a better alternative to a pickup truck for about 25,000 - 30,000 people for this thing to hit it's production numbers and turn a profit. I can't speak for everyone but as much as I love my little truck, the Ineos is already looking like a much better alternative for my needs. Only 24,999-29,999 more people to go and they are golden!

The Autocar review is incredibly promising with regards to this platform; it seems to confirm a lot of what people have been hopefully speculating. I'm intrigued by the comments on the interior - looks like we'll find out next month!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles