INEOS Grenadier

Steve321

Frankly this looks awesome, and the idea behind it is awesome. I do have concerns they will skimp on basic safety features - I want front/rear cameras and full range dynamic cruise control in my brand new 4x4.

I'll pass on fancy leather, 30 speaker deluxe audio system. Many manufacturers want you to pay for the fluff in order to get the safety, hope they don't do the same.

Look. The New Defender that Land Rover was not capable of designing.

I wonder what random excuses the brand blind folks will come up with.
"......Ineos will design factory-fit options and aftermarket kit for the Grenadier but isn’t shy about making it ‘open-source’ so other equipment makers can produce add-ons to suit.

“Every owner’s use for their vehicle will be different,” said Heilmann, “and we’re very happy with that.”....
."

The diametric opposite of Gerry McGovern who hates the aftermarket. This is where LR fails while Grenadier will succeed. It is why Jeep sales far outstrip LR.

All valid points fellas but lets not ruin this thread with JLR bashing and Defender/Hate speech and let the Ineos thread get the credit it deserves. Take these over to the Hate/Rage Page........oh snap, it rhymes.......

This Ineos page has the possibility to draw a lot of inside and outside folks who want valid information; if this is your Defender you wanted, turn the page into what it should be and use it as the bridge from JLR production legacy Defender to Ineos picking it up and turn this into something constructive for the community to grow on.

Just my two cents on that but feel one thread is enough space set aside so the rest of these productive threads on here do not have to digress down into something they are not intended for.

"Australian pricing remains unconfirmed. Mr Tennant acknowledged the Grenadier cannot compete on price with Thailand-built utes – such as the Australian-delivered Toyota HiLux, Ford Ranger, Mazda BT-50 and Isuzu D-MAX – and hinted it could cost similar money to top-end utes such as the Ford Ranger Raptor, which costs about $80,000 drive-away."

That's about $55,000 USD unless that last reference was saying it would be $80k USD driveway. Add the standard US dealer markup and $55k is now $70k, tax, tags, title, and we are at $80k!

haha, jk jk, if $55k is the high end number, they better build a bigger production plant; and please give us the diesel option on first year orders!

mpinco

Expedition Leader
All valid points fellas but lets not ruin this thread with JLR bashing and Defender/Hate speech and let the Ineos thread get the credit it deserves. Take these over to the Hate/Rage Page........oh snap, it rhymes.......

This Ineos page has the possibility to draw a lot of inside and outside folks who want valid information; if this is your Defender you wanted, turn the page into what it should be and use it as the bridge from JLR production legacy Defender to Ineos picking it up and turn this into something constructive for the community to grow on.

Just my two cents on that but feel one thread is enough space set aside so the rest of these productive threads on here do not have to digress down into something they are not intended for.

Grenadier's "open-source" perspective vs Land Rover's closed-source/in-house only IS an important consideration for vehicle selection. Not bashing, perspectives taken from the statements from each manufacturer.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I’ll take a diesel manual.
Looking forward to aux fuel tanks and under body water tanks. If this is even remotely Sells well I will really like watching what comes out of the aftermarket.

in looking at the Wrangler-esque suspension setup, I’m sure the mods for lifts or extra weight will be easy to change.

4x4tripping

Adventurer
Would be very interesting for extended travelling and worldtrips.

Guess this guy has enough cash - to bring it to the market soon. Partnering with Magma - sounds great! 8

20-ineos-grenadier-static-front.jpg

Last edited:

Paddler Ed

Adventurer
Just had a re-read of the Autocar article, and having been out of touch with UK prices, thought I'd do a cross shop:

Ineos estimated starting price = £40,000
Toyota Hilux Double cab = £21,000+20% VAT (so £25,200) (https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/h...bodytype=f880e881-f794-4aef-9e12-db540db6d76d)

Yep, not going to be a rival to the Hilux in the UK at least...

Also, my mates (who aren't farmers) back in the UK who do run 4x4s run double cabs (Nissan Navara and Mitsubishi L200) rather than wagons as there are road tax advantages with them over a wagon. Farmers? They run whatever double cab is cheap and hasn't rusted out yet...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles