INEOS Grenadier

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
And as to pricing strategy, they’re still saying this (as of yesterday):

“Ineos is expected to announce US pricing closer to the start of sales later this year, with an expected starting price of around $50,000”

While that starting MSRP may be hard to believe, it sure makes these look attractive (maybe Maltec will build a camperized version next?)

nickw

Adventurer
And as to pricing strategy, they’re still saying this (as of yesterday):

“Ineos is expected to announce US pricing closer to the start of sales later this year, with an expected starting price of around $50,000”

While that starting MSRP may be hard to believe, it sure makes these look attractive (maybe Maltec will build a camperized version next?)

Well that is encouraging, but given there are not a lot of options on them, what would push them much higher than that? Drivetrain is fixed, no upgrades there. I find it very very hard to believe....my gut says ~$70k, but don't see $15-20k in options being a thing either, options for what, it's kinda already optioned out.....

twt

Winches, snorkle, racks, drawer systems, tire upgrades or something? Maybe on board air? Who knows...

The product brochure was sent out earlier today - no pricing but there are a ton of options & accessories listed: https://mss-p-034-delivery.stylelabs.cloud/api/public/content/858ba16be3a849b9ad1ce4d4ca4b8cbf

Edit: there are prices! Their website is painfully slow so might take a few retries:
UK: https://mss-p-034-delivery.stylelabs.cloud/api/public/content/3e7f37e0258447658e2cbd3a9b540113
South Africa: https://mss-p-034-delivery.stylelabs.cloud/api/public/content/f5b01b229bcb4342b9ba861fbcca4e77

Last edited:

ChasingOurTrunks

In addition to @twt's links, here's one from The Ineos Forum showing UK prices in case the other links get the "hug of death" from too man people clicking.

EDIT - I misread Euro vs GBP on my currency conversions; my overall point still stands but I’ve corrected the numbers below.

5 seat station wagon starting at $52k , which is right on $65k USD. While I recognize that's not a 1:1 comparison as individual markets will impact prices far beyond a simple currency conversion, it's incredibly promising with regards to what Ineos has promised.

The cost of accessories is not terrible either. Adding heated seats is only $305; Diff Locks are a $1600-ish option; Snorkel is around $645. These prices (in GBP) don't seem that far out of line from quality aftermarket options for other rigs (A snorkel for my rig costs about that much too, installed).

And these price sheets have some neat surprises. I was not aware that you could get a custom coloured frame (black, red, or grey; I can think of a few reasons why that might be a nice option but I've actually never seen it offered on a vehicle before). I also note that the packages are pretty generous; the Trailmaster package is $59,000 GBP (so, $7k more expensive) but includes as "standard" about $9k worth of kit according to the brochure prices.

Edit: Also according to the brochures - if you go with the Fieldmaster or Trailmaster packages, it includes a Belstaff jacket of the same name in the price. They charge about $800 for these around here off the rack; not saying they are worth that (it's a waxed cotton jacket....you can get non-name brand ones for much less), but it is still "added value" for the packages.

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
In addition to @twt's links, here's one from The Ineos Forum showing UK prices in case the other links get the "hug of death" from too man people clicking.

5 seat station wagon starting at $52k Euro, which is right on $55k USD. While I recognize that's not a 1:1 comparison as individual markets will impact prices far beyond a simple currency conversion, it's incredibly promising with regards to what Ineos has promised.

The cost of accessories is not terrible either. Adding heated seats is only $305; Diff Locks are a $1600-ish option; Snorkel is around $645. These prices don't seem that far out of line from quality aftermarket options for other rigs (A snorkel for my rig costs about that much too).

And these price sheets have some neat surprises. I was not aware that you could get a custom coloured frame (black, red, or grey; I can think of a few reasons why that might be a nice option but I've actually never seen it offered on a vehicle before). I also note that the packages are pretty generous; the Trailmaster package is $59,000 Euro (so, $7k more expensive) but includes as "standard" about $9k worth of kit.

Edit: Also according to the brochures - if you go with the Fieldmaster or Trailmaster packages, it includes a Belstaff jacket of the same name in the price. They charge about $800 for these around here off the rack; not saying they are worth that (it's a waxed cotton jacket....you can get non-name brand ones for much less), but it is still "added value" for the packages.
Pretty neat! So only about $90,000 Canadian pesos. ???

If it's equivalent to a Wrangler in price here, I would consider one if an SUV could work for us. But for now a truck is what works best.

ChasingOurTrunks

Per seat, yes. So $180,000 for the Utility wagon, $360,000 for the 4 seater but if you buy 4 you get one middle one free in the back row!! :D

I decided to take a gander at some European prices; for comparison a 4-door Unlimited Rubicon is about $59,500 GBP, so right in line with the Gren's price, but the Gren comes with a LOT more stuff as compared to the Rubicon by the looks of it for the money; it doesn't replace the use case of a pickup entirely for a lot of things, but as far as the SUV market goes it's pretty good. Here's what I put up on another forum:

You are getting a lot of 4x4 for $59k. To contrast it with the next closest thing, a Jeep Unlimited Rubicon comes in at the same price give or take a few hundred bucks, but that means:

- About 1,000 lbs less payload (estimate based on memory) [EDIT: It may not be quite 1,000 lbs; looks like it's closer to 500 lbs difference)
- No raised air intake
- No "utility belt"
- No second battery
- No pre-wired aux switches
- No ability to carry roof loads

I'm sure there's more you won't get with the Rubi compared to the Gren but those items jumped out to me as being missing in the Rubicon; you surely can add all of those things to the Rubicon but parts and labour would likely be around $5k or more to achieve a similar level of function at least; given a decent roof rack can be $2k on it's own (where as the Gren can take roof loads as is), you are getting a lot more 4x4 for your money with the Gren as compared to the closest competition, by my measure.

Last edited:

ChasingOurTrunks

For what it’s worth, I built and priced a Jeep in the US and Canada that was as close as I could get to the the UK Jeep Rubicon for £59,500. In the USA I landed at around $55k USD; in Canada I landed on $65k CAD. If going on exchange rates alone, the Rubicon in Canada should cost over $70,000, so direct exchange rate comparisons aren’t a great way to predict pricing.

But Ineos is putting their Trail/Fieldmaster trim levels right up agains the Rubicon price-wise, which means they think that the kind of person who wants a solid axle, twin locked 4x4 is willing to pay £59,000. The same twin locked 4x4 goes for the prices above in North America, so speculatively that suggests a Grenadier price in that $55-$65k range depending on how much is added due to importation.

I am more optimistic and hopeful on pricing than I was earlier.

nickw

Adventurer
For what it’s worth, I built and priced a Jeep in the US and Canada that was as close as I could get to the the UK Jeep Rubicon for £59,500. In the USA I landed at around $55k USD; in Canada I landed on $65k CAD. If going on exchange rates alone, the Rubicon in Canada should cost over $70,000, so direct exchange rate comparisons aren’t a great way to predict pricing.

But Ineos is putting their Trail/Fieldmaster trim levels right up agains the Rubicon price-wise, which means they think that the kind of person who wants a solid axle, twin locked 4x4 is willing to pay £59,000. The same twin locked 4x4 goes for the prices above in North America, so speculatively that suggests a Grenadier price in that $55-$65k range depending on how much is added due to importation.

I am more optimistic and hopeful on pricing than I was earlier.
It's hard to do a currency conversion on these things as you point out, I know Ford Raptors in the US are ~$70k, in Aus using a straight exchange they should be ~$100k, reality is they are ~$150k+.....but I don't think you are way off base.

I'm still expecting them right around $70k, starting...

nickw

Adventurer
Winches, snorkle, racks, drawer systems, tire upgrades or something? Maybe on board air? Who knows...
I meant like special packages, engine options, offroad tires, transmisison options, headlights, and all the other stuff you can add $20k to most US trucks....their "base" model really has it all, all the stuff you point out is def going to add to cost but that is typically all aftermarket non-OEM stuff, I'd 100% expect those itemst to push it well up in price. Would be cool to have all that factory though!

Grassland

Are they even going to sell it in Canada?
Usually when companies on other continents say "North America" what they really mean is "United, States of."
(As discussed many pages ago/other thread here, in Canada the gaps between BMW dealerships is huge in much of the country, so where you get it serviced if you can even buy one?)
Seeing a more palatable firmed up pricing now, and that it's only a 5 seater here, it's a bit more viable as a product I think. If it turns out to anywhere near as robust and reliable as it's meant to be, then it might very well be worth it.

ABBB

Are they even going to sell it in Canada?
Usually when companies on other continents say "North America" what they really mean is "United, States of."
(As discussed many pages ago/other thread here, in Canada the gaps between BMW dealerships is huge in much of the country, so where you get it serviced if you can even buy one?)
Seeing a more palatable firmed up pricing now, and that it's only a 5 seater here, it's a bit more viable as a product I think. If it turns out to anywhere near as robust and reliable as it's meant to be, then it might very well be worth it.

They’ve also teamed with Bosch service stations for maintenance. I wasn’t familiar with how large a network Bosch has but looking them up there’s three here within 20 minutes of me in rural Oregon. I suppose that could be a freak thing but it’ll work for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles