INEOS Grenadier

T-Willy

spotted on another forum:

[imghttps://www.defender2.net/gallery/albums/userpics/20256/normal_FB_IMG_1597659595403.jpg[/img]
I sure do like it.

It's nice to see them in real life rather than just computer renderings.

The front and rear bash plates appear to be designed to be the first points of contact for approach and departure angles.

Somehow I'd earlier missed the recessed load bars above the two rear windows. Interesting.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Christian P.

Would you mind to combine these two thread into one?

-----

This is the transfer case. It seem quite massive. And there is no chain, rather a gear driven mechanics.
This is how the classic defenders TC was too. I wonder what would be the crawling ration? The defender had 3.5:1.

View attachment 605176
Looks like the guts of an old Dana 300.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Threads have been merged.

Members with too much imagination about Expo's intentions and associations have been ignored and banned.

Last edited:

Recommended books for Overlanding

Americas Overland - The Driving Handbook
by Donald Greene
From $20
Sailing Alone Around the World: a Personal Account of the...
by Joshua Slocum
From $26
Vehicle-dependent Expedition Guide
by Tom Sheppard
From $144.97
Drive Nacho Drive: A Journey from the American Dream to t...
by Brad Van Orden, Sheena Van Orden
From $15.95
Lone Rider: The First British Woman to Motorcycle Around ...
by Elspeth Beard
From $19.95

roving1

spotted on another forum:

[imghttps://www.defender2.net/gallery/albums/userpics/20256/normal_FB_IMG_1597659595403.jpg[/img]
Is it just me or do those front skids plates seem abnormally low, especially for a solid axle vehicle? Hope the steering gear isn't in a weird spot.

rlynch356

Defyota
the steel wheels look like aftermarket Defender "Modular" wheels or the Jeep Wrangler steelies.. I wonder what the lug spacing and specs are on the wheels?

85_Ranger4x4

I like it, it looks sharp.

Not crazy about a BMW diesel engine though... hopefully they have a gas option for NA.

A GM V8 engine would be awesome for parts/technical support.

I am not really interested in something like that (new 4dr SUV just for overlanding/offroading) it but it is neat enough to follow.

Riptide

Explorer
I am totally impressed with the development of this vehicle. Never thought I'd jump from my Land Cruisers, but it's looking likely.

Recommended books for Overlanding

Crossing the Congo: Over Land and Water in a Hard Place
by Mike Martin, Chloe Baker, Charlie Hatch-Barnwell
From $32.5
Cycling the Great Divide: From Canada to Mexico on North ...
by Michael McCoy, venture Cycling Association
From $9.99
Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why
by Laurence Gonzales
From $9.99

ChasingOurTrunks

New episode sent out today on the Grenadier's build series, focusing on wheels and tires:

A more in-depth look at the "Fireside Chat" where they had some 4x4 enthusiasts/professionals discussing the vehicle if anyone is so inclined: