Induction cook top sizing and brands?

Ramdough

Adventurer
Hello,

I am planning on running an induction cook top. I am looking at a two burner model.

Are there any standard sizes (in case I want to cut it in? )

Any recommendations on which unit to buy?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
We had a single hob Tru Induction, now have a built in Dometic.

Doing it over, I would go back to a single hob unit, stored in a drawer.

-- Gives you more counter space when not actually cooking and there is less danger of breaking the top

-- Costs a bit less.

-- Works really well if you have a few hot pads for the pans - heat, then set aside while you heat another pan.

N.B. We find that the countertop/RV units don't simmer very well - at low settings they simply
pause and each pulse may be a bit more than you want with a drier mixture. We will be playing with an Instant Pot on this trip.

As always with things like this, YMMV!

Currently have an Empava IDC12B2. If it proves unreliable, I will replace with 5x more expensive Kenyon SilKEN2 marine unit. Both 110v.
Very happy to leave propane on my back deck for bbqs.

Ramdough

Adventurer
Thanks all.

I will have a hickory counter top, so I was hesitant to cut into it. If I did, I wanted to be able to swap the same size unit it.

A drawer was an option too. I may just buy two individual units instead of a dual unit. May have to watch the power more closely though.

Thanks!

Also, plan on a blackstone griddle for outside and probably a small camp stove. We probably will cook outside if the weather is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Srpat

Observer
We have been using a cheap generic amazon 2 burner cooktop for a couple years now. No complaints. Cost was less than $120. I had been using a few sets of 6v golf cart batteries up until a year ago and they couldn't handle the amperage draw from the inverter. New lithium batteries have been no problem, for what that might be worth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke