Indel B Travel Box Fridge Test and Comparison

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Wow, I just read that report they did and it is the biggest load of incorrectness ever printed, How on earth can it be called a fair comparison when one fridge is allowed to be tested in 20* lower temp, Not to mention that the facts and figures are all wrong, There are enough videos showing the power consumption of different fridges etc on Youtube, Not being happy with that I have tested fridges for hundreds of hours not just for a day or a week and at all different temperatures and with different contents and different amounts of contents as well.

I know for a fact that the ARB 47L will only use 0.60 to 0.75 Amps in it's duty cycle when set to 2*c with the average current draw being 0.67 to 0.74 amps per hour, So if they were testing the ARB 35L those figures would be even less,, The ARBs or Any Fridge for that matter can give 2 sets of Duty Cycle figures and the reason for that is it all depends on how it is packed,

IE put packs of soft drink Cans in there still with the plastic wrapping ( 48 in total ) stacked in there and the cycle will be "ON" for 14 to 15 minutes "ON" and 88 to 99 minutes "OFF" and it will do the same if it is over packed with Meat with no Air Gaps, And The there is it's Normal Cycle where the cans are placed in there separately or Meat is packed where Air can pass through the divider then it will come "ON" from anything from 11m 55seconds to 12m 56-58 seconds when "ON" and then it's "OFF" Cycles will be between 68 minutes to 76 minutes,

Each Duty Cycle is the measurement of "Time On" added to the "Time Off" and when the measured Amps are multiplied by the "Time On" gives you the total Amperage used for that period, and If you want to become real clever you can divide the hours in a Day ( 24 ) by the number of minutes of the Duty Cycle and that will tell you how many times a day it will Cycle and how many Amps it will use over a 24 hr period. The Amount of Duty Cycles can vary from anything from 13 to 17/18 in a 24 hour period and it's On Time/Duty Cycle all depends on how you pack your Fridge.

hope that helps.

Last edited:

skyfree

FWIW, I really missed my Indel B TB31A on my last trip. I only put my stuff together the night before I had to leave and I couldn't find my cigarette lighter extension. I have a 65L Yeti that actually cost MORE than the Indel B so I grabbed that and stuffed it half full of ice, leaving me about the same amount of room as the Indel B would have. Over the 8-day trip I had to buy ice 2 more times, and had to enlist my friends to make me some supplemental ice in their National Luna because we were remote. I spent about $17 on ice and had to deal with water sloshing over food, beverage cans that were sitting in nasty colored water, food that didn't stay cold enough, and a cooler with ice and food that weighs over 60 lbs. Never again.

I love the National Luna's, but if I upgraded I would want the 50L or 60L dual compartment (freezer + fridge) which would give me about the same fridge size and also provide a freezer. The price is about 4X as much as the Indel B though, and is over twice as heavy.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I just wrote a full report of the fact figures about the testing and it has bloody vanished,, Geeze am I P$$$ Off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior