INDEFLATE tool to change tire pressure

shade

It's a total waste of Money and space and weight,

Seems like people are so hell bent on Airing up in a nano second and want to Air Down before they have got the park brake On, which is totally pointless, the whole idea with going out there is to enjoy the day and airing up and down is just part of that day,

The ARB EZ Deflator has served us well in everyday life as have Staun deflators and their many clones, This thing is just another over sized piece of junk that weighs about as much as 8 or 10 EZ Deflators and is going to take up just as much room maybe more, Have these clowns who dream up this crap got nothing better to do, It is hideous and over sized and totally impractical and keeping those hoses under control when the going gets tough will be a pain and it is going to take up valuable space in our already over loaded vehicles,

This thing is a joke, It is nothing more than a play thing, Have people totally lost the concept of why we go out in the bush, You can buy a knockoff copy of an EZ Deflator for around 10 bucks and they are as good as the original that will last years, I know this for a fact bcause back when I tested many Tyre Gauges I bought Two ARB versions and Two Copies along with many other gauges and out of 13/14+ Gauges only one was out by less than 0.7 psi and the rest were all spot on, We truly don't need anymore bright ideas like this from bored retirees especially some thing so impractical as this.
Test candidate selected.
Your Indeflate is on the way!

bluejeep

just a guy
I am thankful for the feedback, especially from those who cite their actual experiences. For the minority, those who have not touched or witnessed the Indeflate device in action, but nonetheless passed on their opinion about whether this is needed or not, or about its quality or functionality, not so much.

I do respect your right to have an opinion though, and at the same time wonder if you might consider working on your delivery.

I could have worded my original post better to indicate my search was for how well / poorly this device worked and its quality of build. Not how speedy it was, nor whether this was necessary to have, nor its price point . And for that I take responsibility. Live and Learn I guess.

I will add this issue to the topics of politics and religion as one that has the potential to incite 'spirited' discussion.

To sum up, I'm liking this device (the 4 hose model) mostly for the ease of use (aging back and knees). Not concerned about time to change the pressure in the tires as many have alluded to. And as far as space, this will take up less than the space now occupied by the recoiling hose reel device it will replace. It appears to be of high quality as well.

I do believe I could assemble the required pieces myself, but am at a point in life where I much rather would make the purchase. It will be perhaps $100 more - sometimes that amount is a lot of cash, and sometimes its but a drop in the bucket. Right now its a drop.

As Jonathan Hanson states (paraphrasing) - "luxury can be a sliding scale, once you have something, it may become necessary from that point on". Thank you for that wit/wisdom Jonathan.

Overall, I believe it will enhance my ability to get out and enjoy the wilderness, and make each experience more memorable, which is what we can all agree is the real goal for doing what we do.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Like all things some will like it some won't, Over the years out in the bush one thing I have learned is to keep things simple, For some even the EZ Deflator is OTT and the Stauns can be a pain to set,

One easy option is to use your Tyre inflator/Gauge to Air Down If you have one without hooking the Compressor to it, I have a heap of dough tied up in Inflators / Deflators, And the only way to get Air out quicker is to use a .408 or an M82.

Good luck with what ever you decide,

shade

Indeflate should release a Power Tank compatible version. The same people that prefer a PT would probably enjoy the speed of the Indeflate, and they could make the most of a four-way inflator.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
CO2 is all good until you run out....BTDT

Time tested my set up yesterday and this morning
Stop screw on Coyote Tire Deflators, drive for 5 minutes, and remove at 14psi
Air up - 2min10 per tire using a stop watch to 35psi 10minute start to finish and reconnected my sway bar while I was airing up.

I look forward to a comparison using Indeflate "tool"

shade

CO2 is all good until you run out....BTDT

Time tested my set up yesterday and this morning
Stop screw on Coyote Tire Deflators, drive for 5 minutes, and remove at 14psi
Air up - 2min10 per tire using a stop watch to 35psi 10minute start to finish and reconnected my sway bar while I was airing up.

I look forward to a comparison using Indeflate "tool"
To be clear, I didn't recommend an inflation source. All I'm saying is that the Indeflate would be most effective with a high volume, high pressure source, like a Power Tank. If speed is the goal, that's the fastest way.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I can wheel from the house, so I find it useful for deflating / inflating in my driveway.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I have got 6 different brands that I have bought or were given to me over the years. I have always had my go to deflater the basic screw it on and the air comes out. I unscrew it and stop deflating at the pressure I want in the tire. I check with a tire gage and move to the next tire if it is correct. These are cheapest ones that you can buy. There are free ones aa well a pointed rock that can push in the valve, or the ink pin as well will work. These require you to stay their and do it yourself.

The advantage of the "Indeflate Tool" is you can balance the pressure and get it equal. This works if your weight in the vehicle is distributed equal in the vehicle, and the tires need to be the exactly the same. What if you towing a trailer or have the pick-up loaded rear heavy. What if the truck bed is empty you may not want to have the same front and rear pressure.

Will this work to air up and deflate? You may still have to make front or rear pressure adjustments as I described above.

KISS! I know that there are people who may say that the front and rear should always be the same. If this is the case then why is the way to check if you have the correct pressure between the front to rear verified by; On a hard surface going straight drive and see if you can slip it into 4X4. If the tires turn the axles and driveshafts at the same speed, then the transfer case will let the teeth match and go into the locked position without grinding. If it grinds before going in or will not go in then the drive shafts are rotating at different speeds.

This is easier to see the difference when at lower pressure then at higher pressure. You lower your tires to the same pressure all around. If the back tires look to have a larger bulge then the front with the same pressure (or reversed). You have more weight on the rear, then the driveshaft is rotating faster then the front driveshaft. The rear will need additional air pressure or the front less air. To get this amount figured out you will need to change the amounts, a pound or two and retry to see if it will go in. Repeat this until it will go in and out of the 4X4 position smoothly. Make note of the weight distribution in the vehicle and next time you will want to start with the pressure split in the pressure. Note; if the vehicle is not loaded the same front to rear you may need to have a different split pressure, or the same front and rear

This is easy to understand. Just think of running your vehicle with a 37" tall tire on the left side of the vehicle and a 31" tire on the right side. To cover the same distance in a straight line the smaller will take more revolutions to cover the same ground. This is the same from the front to the rear of the 4X4 vehicle.

This puts strain on the components between the axles (Axle, diff., U joints and drive shafts). This is more forgiving on a loose slippery serface, by allowing the tires to slip on the drivetrain but still a strain. This then becomes a tire wearing and loss of traction situation as well.

Sooooo! For myself I generall have 2 or 3 different deflaters in my vehicle at all time (I lend them to people with me that do not have any deflators) I use the simple ones as my goto deflators with a seporate tire gage.

I hope that some of you may have learned a little today.

Da Frenchman
I did a lot of searching re dropping Tyre pressures and I ended up with about 4 sets of numbers and I also ended up with a set of extreme low pressure figures too for use In the most extreme conditions, but I also need to run the same test for when my Truck is loaded,

Getting it right is important but on vehicles like Range Rovers and Discovery 4's it is a waste of time because you can't Air Down Tyres with a 35/45/55 Profile without smashing the rim, Ever since they put those stupid rims on those trucks they removed them from the credible 4x4 list.

pugslyyy

This is my homemade setup. Fits nicely in the DeWalt tool bag.

I used Oetiker clamps for all the connections, and using the Coilhose Pneumatics CH15 chucks (which are the best chucks I have found, anywhere). Quick disconnects are the Coilhose six-ball.

shade

I used Oetiker clamps for all the connections, and using the Coilhose Pneumatics CH15 chucks (which are the best chucks I have found, anywhere). Quick disconnects are the Coilhose six-ball.

View attachment 527577
Proper. If you want to keep things coiled a little easier, NiteIze Gear Ties work very well. I use one on my single 25' Flexzilla hose to keep it compact.

Do you have much leaking from the Coilhose 6-ball couplers? I'm sick of the junk I have now always hissing at me.

bluejeep

just a guy

View attachment 527577
nice, looks even easier than I thought. Where would you incorporate a pressure guage into that, and a deflate button? AND...….what size fittings - 1/4"? 3/8"?

Last edited:

pugslyyy

I'm using 3/8 hose with 1/4 fittings. I really like the Oetiker clamps over regular worm-drive hose clamps. Cleaner look and they don't tend to need to be re-tightened over time.

For the hose I have had good luck with the Wynnsky hybrid - I like how it stays flexible even at sub-zero temps. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076P9L18B/

I use an Astro Pneumatic digital tire inflator/deflator that has a quick disconnect on it. I like the Astro because it will go up to 175 psi so I can use it on the super singles on my Fuso (125psi). https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002PUTC0M/

pugslyyy

Proper. If you want to keep things coiled a little easier, NiteIze Gear Ties work very well. I use one on my single 25' Flexzilla hose to keep it compact.

Do you have much leaking from the Coilhose 6-ball couplers? I'm sick of the junk I have now always hissing at me.

Coilhose make good kit. The 6-ball couplers just work - never had one leak on me. They are a bit more expensive than the cheapo 3-balls from horrible fright, but they hold up.

mantree91

I did a lot of searching re dropping Tyre pressures and I ended up with about 4 sets of numbers and I also ended up with a set of extreme low pressure figures too for use In the most extreme conditions, but I also need to run the same test for when my Truck is loaded,

Getting it right is important but on vehicles like Range Rovers and Discovery 4's it is a waste of time because you can't Air Down Tyres with a 35/45/55 Profile without smashing the rim, Ever since they put those stupid rims on those trucks they removed them from the credible 4x4 list.
There are always aftermarket rims

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mantree91

I use some of the same ties in multiple places in my rig.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior