In Search Of: Flip Pac for 6ft bed Tacoma in AZ (but willing to travel).

Desert Taco

Observer
Been looking at them for a long while, but every time a good one pops up it seems to slip away to someone more local to the seller.

I am located in the Phoenix area, but willing to travel quite a ways for a good deal.

If you've seen one for sale local to you feel free to post up here too!

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
you might consider one this instead since it’s there in AZ!
(not mine)

A3AB5A5D-7A97-437D-BE6A-ACFE8045B8B9.jpeg

kalieaire

Observer
Been looking at them for a long while, but every time a good one pops up it seems to slip away to someone more local to the seller.

I am located in the Phoenix area, but willing to travel quite a ways for a good deal.

Is anyone still making spare parts for those things? I feel like some owners aren't willing to sell theirs because they might have broken the torsion bar, holes in their tent, or some sort of crack on the shell and want it fixed before making a sale.

You can always look at some of the newer options where they are better supported and more available.

Most aren’t selling because they are extremely functional for what they are.

Once the tent is deployed, The sleeping area occupies the vehicle’s footprint when camping which is really nice when parked at SoCal beach Parking lots and smaller camping spots. The wildernest pivots to The side which occupies another parking space essentially

sway-away makes the replacement torsion bars to keep these things Going and going.

good luck on your search, I’m sure you’ll use the heck outta the one u end up buying!

Is anyone still making spare parts for those things? I feel like some owners aren't willing to sell theirs because they might have broken the torsion bar, holes in their tent, or some sort of crack on the shell and want it fixed before making a sale.

You can always look at some of the newer options where they are better supported and more available.

Sway-A-Way also makes hinge kits in addition to the torsion bar. The hinges are way more beefy, they eliminate the factory shims and made the hinges thicker. Also, if a tent is needed THIS company might be able to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles