In Our Possession a LX450

zonker

Adventurer
Drove home last night in our new to us 1997 Lexus LX450. Has 105k on the odo and is in excellent condition. All servicing is up to date from oil changes to brake system flushes. The only downside... no lockers. We decided to trade the lack of that option for the mileage and service history.

We won't start on mods until fall. We need to finish up the suspension on our truck first. Then it will be gung-ho as we will sell our Mitsubishi that is in outstanding condition to fund the updates. Just as we sold our 2001 4Runner to pay for the LX. The amazing thing about the 4Runner which was listed here on the forum.. it literally left our hands in 30 minutes after posting.

Looks like I will now be hanging around in this section to get the drift on our sort of new LC!

Hector

Congrats! Nice low mileage score. I'd definitely trade e-lockers for low miles and maint history.
And x2 on some pics.

MrWesson

Adventurer
Drove home last night in our new to us 1997 Lexus LX450. Has 105k on the odo and is in excellent condition. All servicing is up to date from oil changes to brake system flushes. The only downside... no lockers. We decided to trade the lack of that option for the mileage and service history.

We won't start on mods until fall. We need to finish up the suspension on our truck first. Then it will be gung-ho as we will sell our Mitsubishi that is in outstanding condition to fund the updates. Just as we sold our 2001 4Runner to pay for the LX. The amazing thing about the 4Runner which was listed here on the forum.. it literally left our hands in 30 minutes after posting.

Looks like I will now be hanging around in this section to get the drift on our sort of new LC!

How was the buying process?

I'm passively in the market and they are hard to find so I'm guessing it involved a long drive/flight.

zonker

Adventurer
I am out of town for a week on business. Drove the LX home on Thursday night and had no time before I left..didn't even drive it after I got it home! So photos to follow.

They are definitely hard to find. However we got really lucky finding this one 70 miles away. Couldn't believe it when I saw the ad. Originally we were going to buy our neighbors.. but the one we got is a much better example.

satria

congrats, good job
g.png

zonker

Adventurer
Finally had some time to get a few photos of our new to us LX. Rainy day of course.. At least the shadows are muted. Put all of the service records into a database and the outcome is very satisfying. Almost serviced by the book by a Lexus dealer. You know things are good when the brake and power steering have been flushed more than once!

Starting this fall we will use the winter to start making the upgrades. Selling our absolutely flawless and over serviced Mitsubishi should help soften the LX expenditure! Best part we will finally be back down to 3 vehicles. For two people.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    577.8 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    547.2 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    575.3 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    556.7 KB · Views: 15
Definitely looks like it's in great condition. Nice find! My wife and I are also passively searching, and it can be hard to find one in decent shape these days. They're getting pretty old at this point.

zonker

Adventurer
We definitely got lucky... Especially with only 105k miles and better yet.. we picked it up 65 miles from our house!

expeditionist

Observer
I too bought an 80 series sans-lockers mostly to save $3K on the purchase price. It never hesitated to go where I wanted it to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online