In Need of Help - Williams Lake, BC

leechunsonnn

I don't know where to put this, so I figure this is the best spot. I remember seeing a forum for members in need of help, but cant find it.

Started off in Denver drove to Cleveland to see some family, Then a week in the boundary waters canoe area. After that my dad and I headed up to Inuvik via the Cassiar HWY. Dropped my dad off in Anchorage so he could fly home after a quick tour of the Kenai peninsula. I then took the ALCAN back South.
Earlier today, I'm driving down a dirt road maybe 35. I glanced down for a second, drifted off to the right into a ditch. I swerve back to the road, fish tail a bit and come to a stop, my trailer is maybe 100 yards back on its side.
The frame rails have mutiple cracks, axle is all bent up, and the mounts i welded to the side to hold fuel and ammo cans were ripped off. Basically, it's totaled.
I loaded everything I had into the truck, left the trailer on the side of the road and headed into Williams Lake and got a hotel room, where I'm at now.
I'm thinking I can strip the axle and springs and what not and just strap the box down and continue my trip. If not, I probably will have to head straight home. I'm hoping someone knows of a place, or someone, in town that sells small (maybe 6-8 foot) flat bed trailers, Used preferably.
Anything will help, Thanks.
Cristiano

4x4x4doors

Explorer
No direct help, either but I see Williams Lake has a couple of chain motels which are should be an indicator of some amount of traffic. Perhaps that means there are enough locals/travelers in the pubs and hotel lobbies to give you some local info. Lucky you're not hurt. Good luck.

Adventurous

Explorer
I know there’s a Canadian Tire in town and I’ve seen trailers outside there before. Not sure if it would fit your trailer, or if they are just little utility trailers, but they might have something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94