In a Van Down by the River- Live in a sportsmobile chasing fish, snow, and adventure

rangerdogg

Adventurer
Welcome and congrates exploring this beautiful country. This is going to be great reading about all the trips. I would say see if you could sign up for a booth here and there at camping expos. So many people go to those and it would work out great for you.Good luck and be safe and enjoy your journey. Keep it coming

BurbanAZ

Explorer
I think u guys picked a great vehicle for living and exploring like u guys are right now. Im always jealous of the people that take off like that on an awesome adventure. Dont think i have the nerve to leave our jobs and everything lol but maybe one day.

South East Adventures

Sorry we have been slacking on our posts. Internet was hard to come by in Canada and AK. We are back down in Cali now after driving the 101/1 from Bellingham down to san fran and heading east to Tahoe. But for now I will backtrack once again with a post about our journey through the south east.

After two weeks of winter driving through New England, NY, and NJ we were ready for some warmer weather! From our trade show debut at the fly fishing show in NJ we had over a week before we would attend our second fly fishing show, this time in Raleigh, NC. That left us some time in to explore VA.
photo-7.JPG
We suffered quite a bit of booth envy, but for our first year it wasnt to bad.

We were able to book a few more presentations at schools, but the highlight of our VA adventure was meeting up with old my old friend Charly. Charly and I went to high school together and through the power of facebook recently discovered that we had both developed rather severe fly fishing addictions. He now spends his summers out in Montana guiding for trout on the Madison River, but in the winter he returns to VA where he has become obsessed with chasing musky on the fly. When he sent me this picture of one of his recent catches I was sure to pencil in a day to fish with him in his brand new jet boat.
9979_455731567841153_265473027_n.jpg
One of the monsters Charlie has pulled out a VA river.

IMG_0338.jpg
The SpoMo, Charlies Tundra, and his brand new jet boat.

We didnt hook any musky on this day, but we will be back to give it another go. They dont call it the fish of a 1000 casts for no reason!

From VA we went south to NC for our second Fly Fishing Expo. Bonus points if you can name the two fly fishing legends in the picture below signing books in the booth next to ours.
382288_595073606808_50161725_n.jpg

After two nights of undercover camping outside the exhibit center in downtown Winston Salem we were excited to drive West to spend a week with my sister outside of Asheville, NC. We visited some schools, and met with some of our subcontractors but the main focus of this week away from the road was organization. This was going to be the last place we could leave things behind for the next few months. Unfortunately a late winter cold snap prevented us from de-winterizing our water system. We were stuck with Nalgene bottles for now.

The remainder of our south east adventure was pretty unremarkable. We filled time between almost daily school visits with stops at the dog park, or hikes. I will try and sum up the highlights with some photos from AL and TN.

IMG_0364.jpgIMG_0379.jpgIMG_0381.jpg
The spomo has no problem crossing a flooded river in AL.
One of the students from Chattanooga we took fishing on the Hiwassee posing with one of his first ever trout on a fly rod.
Sunset from our undercover campsite in Nashville

I will work on some posts from our trip through NM, CO, WY, MT, Calgary, BC, and AK soon.

Tight Lines,
Will

mastersryan

Adventurer
sounds like a great trip you guys got yourselves. If and when you make it down here to the everglades let me know, I have a couple kayaks waiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles