dsc0902w.jpg

dsc0689ic.jpg

dsc0700l.jpg

dsc0703wx.jpg

dsc0745m.jpg

dsc0747pf.jpg

ColoDisco

Explorer
Very nice. I was just at elephant hill last month. I want to check that area out next time I am in that area.

cbmontgo

Observer
Awesome pics. I am heading over there soon as well. Is most of that road doable for a stock rig with a trailer?

Also, are there any burn bans in effect over there right now? I am trying to decide whether to bring firewood or not.

Moody

Needs to get out more
I wouldn't take a trailer over Elephant Hill, which is the way I came in. If you came up over Elk Ridge or Cottonwood Wash you would be fine.

Wood is always a good idea, but be careful...there is a TON of dry brush that could easily torch the area. Pretty quick here there won't be any need for a fire, it will be super hot.

Anyhow, enjoy yourself....beautiful country out there.

cbmontgo

Observer
I wouldn't take a trailer over Elephant Hill, which is the way I came in. If you came up over Elk Ridge or Cottonwood Wash you would be fine.

Wood is always a good idea, but be careful...there is a TON of dry brush that could easily torch the area. Pretty quick here there won't be any need for a fire, it will be super hot.

Anyhow, enjoy yourself....beautiful country out there.

Cool. Thanks for the reply.

Moody

Needs to get out more
Forgot to mention, you could drive in via Dugout Ranch (I forget the name of the road) with a trailer no problem. It is just before you get into Canyonlands/Needles District. When are you going?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz