Importing to the USA

Montrosekeenan

Hello
I am a resident of the USA. I have been looking for overland excursion rigs for over a decade. I work for a company outfitting sprinter vans for just that however, I much prefer the vario chassis. Is there a way to import one to the US?

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

Geo.Lander

Hello
I am a resident of the USA. I have been looking for overland excursion rigs for over a decade. I work for a company outfitting sprinter vans for just that however, I much prefer the vario chassis. Is there a way to import one to the US?

A 4*4 Vario base in good condition in central europe will cost you an arm and possibility 2 legs (although looking at mog and MB prices in US it might not be such a shock for you). I would advise to look in UK and Northern europe for a base vehicle.

Sitec

Adventurer
And if you are looking in the UK, make sure you have someone physically look over it before parting with your hard earned cash... They salt the roads in winter and it doesn't do vehicle chassis and bodies any good! Cars with minimal or no rust here in Australia has taken some getting used to! :)

The Irish councils were selling a few Vario's recently...

Neil

Observer
I know its obvious but if you are looking at UK ones you might find the steering wheel is in the wrong place

Neil

Reactions: mog

MTVR

Varios are not old enough to import into the U.S. yet- 1996 was the first year. What about the T2?

Montrosekeenan

Varios are not old enough to import into the U.S. yet- 1996 was the first year. What about the T2?
What's the designation. The vario is designated the 814d. So based on that what's the proper designation.?

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
I’m currently in the process of importing a 1992 814 DA to the US. Happy to chat if you have specific questions.

Hello

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
The Düsseldorf Transporter 2 (T2) was produced from 1967 - 2013 in three different series. The third series is the Vario and all three series belong to the T2 nomenclature.

First Series: 1967 - 1986
Second Series: 1986 - 1996
Third Series (Vario): 1996 - 2013

I do not know. I only know that the Vario is a slightly face-lifted and renamed T2.

MTVR

The Düsseldorf Transporter 2 (T2) was produced from 1967 - 2013 in three different series. The third series is the Vario and all three series belong to the T2 nomenclature.

First Series: 1967 - 1986
Second Series: 1986 - 1996
Third Series (Vario): 1996 - 2013

Thanks...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior