I'm TIRED of this sit!

RacerAV

?

Okay, I need your help. I want to find the perfect camp chair! I have some Front Runner chairs now, two of them, in the two pack bag. They are nice, and freakin heavy. Love that they fold smaller, and have a nice little bag. BUT, they're just unnecessarily heavy. I love my Camp Time Roll-a-Chairs too! I've got a pair of them. SUPER light, very sturdy, fold semi small (more like a tube, rather than the rectangular box that FR chairs fold down into)... I've had a few others, inflatable, Nemo hanging chairs, simple WalMart specials.

I'd like the chairs to:
o Have a quick and simple set up. (IF I've got to put poles together, I'd skip the set up and sit on a rock.)
o Be lighter than the Front Runner chairs.
o Have four legs, or similar.
o Have a back, and arm rests, cupholder would be nice.
o Be regular height or close, NOT low chairs.
o Pack down smaller. Ideally they'd fit INTO my Plano boxes (68qt. Sportsman Storage Trunk - H 12.75 in, W 14.25 in, D 30 in external dimensions I believe).

Anyone have a lead on the perfect chair?

TIA!

Adamo

nwoods

Expedition Leader
When you say Front Runner, are you referring to their "Expander" chair? If so, this is about as light and compact as a decent chair gets, other than a Pico chair from GCI.
1685040499904.png

Pico Chair from GCI: LINK
1685040626348.png

1685040642504.png

RacerAV

Correct, the expander chairs from FR. Great chairs, unfold pretty quick and easy, fairly compact. It has just annoyed me how heavy they are. Especially when packed together in the double bag!

RacerAV

Came across the Dometic GO Compact Camp Chair. Looks promising, not cheap but looks all aluminum, and quality I'm sure.

NOPEC

I love my PICO chair but, man, I'm at a stage of life when I can't remember sit, so it is always good to have a quick private practice refresher session with it to review where to push and pull to make it magically open, prior to doing it in front of folks you might be trying to impress, like your grand kids.......

Last edited:

MiamiC70

?

Okay, I need your help. I want to find the perfect camp chair! I have some Front Runner chairs now, two of them, in the two pack bag. They are nice, and freakin heavy. Love that they fold smaller, and have a nice little bag. BUT, they're just unnecessarily heavy. I love my Camp Time Roll-a-Chairs too! I've got a pair of them. SUPER light, very sturdy, fold semi small (more like a tube, rather than the rectangular box that FR chairs fold down into)... I've had a few others, inflatable, Nemo hanging chairs, simple WalMart specials.

I'd like the chairs to:
o Have a quick and simple set up. (IF I've got to put poles together, I'd skip the set up and sit on a rock.)
o Be lighter than the Front Runner chairs.
o Have four legs, or similar.
o Have a back, and arm rests, cupholder would be nice.
o Be regular height or close, NOT low chairs.
o Pack down smaller. Ideally they'd fit INTO my Plano boxes (68qt. Sportsman Storage Trunk - H 12.75 in, W 14.25 in, D 30 in external dimensions I believe).

Anyone have a lead on the perfect chair?

TIA!

Adamo
These are what you seek.

RacerAV

These are what you seek.
That OME chair is cool! Love the table and cooler on the sides! (Man that video audio was terrible, the echoing...)

I have the FR chairs currently, and I'll use them till I find a better option. I do like them, and they check a lot of boxes, but they are the heaviest camp chair I've had! I'm not backpacking these chairs, but man, ounces equal pounds, as they say, and I'd like to have some lighter gear in the Jeep, save weight where I can!

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Based on that video, posted in another recent thread I started here on ExPo, I bought the OME chair. Its really well made, and folds down fairly compact for such a large chair, but I would not call it comfortable, like my Strongback chair, which is really comfortable, just too big and bulky for my Jeep. My OME chair is 2x the size of the FrontRunner chair when folded down and also when opened up and deployed.

robgendreau

Explorer
I am going back to old fashioned law chairs, with the webbing. Fit all the OP's criteria, except for folded size. But lighter, 7.7 lbs at Amazon. Instant opening, vented, indestructible. We took some rafting down the Grand Canyon long ago, so I figure I can find somewhere to mount them.

Skinny06

I'm too lazy to look up the specs for your other chair. But this chair came to mind instantly. They pack flat AND have a table. I've got a few of their jet tent pilot chairs and they've been extremely durable over the past several years.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Zero Gravity, with beer and snack holder and a slot to hold the remote. Just lean back, recline, take a nap.

61uMQ3JY+ZL._AC_UL232_SR232,232_.jpg

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
I have some of the cliq chairs and then I got the umbrella style zero gravity knock off from Walmart

Holy crap was it comfy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles