I'M BATVAN! ...a 2006 E350 V10 DIY Ujoint Conversion

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
I love this build. It keeps getting better.

Not too convinced on you options for heating.

View attachment 510528
Well you can put your worries aside....
I installed a Wabasto Airtop STC 2000 gasoline fired furnace.
IMG_1419.JPEG
I installed right behind the drivers seat. Works a treat and likely long overdue.
Our local ski area blew enough snow that they could open a little hike park accessed by a conveyor belt. We went up and enjoyed a couple turns (per run) and made lunch.IMG-1428.jpg

Last edited:

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
Is there anyone on here that can appreciate this? @java @shenrie ?
Within an hour and a half on the hill my daughter would start complaining about her feet being cold.
So on the way home one day we conceptualized this.
Then we made happen.
Its the cats meow.... and included with the sale of this awesome van for any skier/snowboarder (we aren't biased).
Wabasto boot dryer.JPG

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
love it man! great idea and super simple execution!

does it really smell though? seems like that hot super dry heat would dry it faster then it could smell it up.

I have plans for something similar if we ever get on our feet again. more like a dry compartment/cubbie though. after seeing this design I’ll be making something that directs heat all the way in to the toes now. also plan on having a heat source that exits under where our coat and pants will be hung

another_mike

Adventurer
Is there anyone on here that can appreciate this? @java @shenrie ?
Within an hour and a half on the hill my daughter would start complaining about her feet being cold.
So on the way home one day we conceptualized this.
Then we made happen.
Its the cats meow.... and included with the sale of this awesome van for any skier/snowboarder (we aren't biased).
View attachment 561906
Boot driers are essential for dirt bikers as well. ??

Vandit

Observer
Happy to see that it finally found a new home! Rad van, will always be one of my favorites. Now, let's see what's next!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles