I'M BATVAN! ...a 2006 E350 V10 DIY Ujoint Conversion

hyperboarder

Adventurer
Where in town are you? I'm over in the north end, I've got a 92 E250 that's turning into the family camper at the moment.

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
Where in town are you? I'm over in the north end, I've got a 92 E250 that's turning into the family camper at the moment.

East end off Warm Springs, we should hook up.

Thanks for the comments,
I'm checking in from Panorama Point in the Maze District. Can't believe I have service.
It was blowing snow like crazy this evening but calmed down for dinner.
It's funny there is no one here, yet it was booked solid till we got here. ;)
Taking pics of the snow from in the van.
IMG_5812sm.jpg
My daughter was concerned I was going to back off the cliff.
IMG_5822sm.jpgThe Dutch oven lasagna was one of the best yet.
IMG_5873.JPG

Last edited:

naterry

13 Cheeseburgers
Hell yeah! Glad you made it and spots opened up. Hans Flat Rangers cracked me up too.

Fun little road down to pan pnt eh!

DSC03095%20Large_zpsfn7okizt.jpg

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Just 2155 miles away from my location...
I'd like to see that veiw for myself one day.

Is 4wd needed to reach there?

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
Just 2155 miles away from my location...
I'd like to see that veiw for myself one day.

Is 4wd needed to reach there?

If weather conditions are good. No rain or mud you could probably make it although it is "required".
The drive to the PP was about 1.5 hours driving 5 mph bouncing up and down on rocks. I did put it in 4wd a couple times just because I had it.
Plan is to go to cleopatras chair today. It's 31 degrees out and high winds. Maybe that's why the 2 tacomas and lx470 with RTT,s were pulling out yesterday, kinda miserable unless you have a van to hang in. :)

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
Great spot. The "penthouse" of the maze district:

38°16'15.2"N 110°02'21.6"W

I don't think we are going to go much further down on this trip. I think I might plan something more similar to what you did in order to see the rest of the maze up close.
The ranger suggested not going to the "neck" even because of high winds.

naterry

13 Cheeseburgers
Last edited:

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Required...
Dammit.

Maybe one day I will get the 4x4... too many places I'd like to see.

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
Prior to the maze trip I installed one of these Eberspacher hydronic heaters designed to run on unleaded gas.
IMG_5103sm.jpg
The theory is that with this installed I could heat the coolant loop and subsequently the front or rear HVAC could provide heat. This works rather well actually, the only issue is that its not automated. It wasn't an issue on this trip as it didn't get really cold at night. We just used it in the evenings, and mornings to heat the van.
I mounted the unit behind the drivers step well. This made plumbing and wiring easy.
I do have reservations about having it here as it is exposed to the elements. I have done a two way creek crossing and have used it since. I may end up building a cover/shield for it. I have also considered moving it under the hood. I do like its distance away from the sleeping area.
IMG_5738sm.jpg

I used the unused tap on the fuel tank. I also made that tap deeper into the tank, its the zip tied fuel hose.
IMG_5122sm.jpg

looking to automate the rear HVAC in the future with the Eberspacher remote and draw power from the house battery instead of the starter battery.
more later...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles