I'm back in a Jeep, a JKU

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
New tires

2014-02-26161717_zps2200a4c7.jpg

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Lookin good. What's the sticker above the sport decal?

White looks great too. Did you say your staying stock with the suspension? Just make sure you have a higher rates spring like the 18/59. I have that with the teraflex leveling kit and Monroe reflex shocks and love it.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

Cool. Just giving ya the heads up on the springs. I have 122k on my sport springs and they are still good. I thought they were sagged until I measured them. But I am going with the 19/60s this spring.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Cool. Just giving ya the heads up on the springs. I have 122k on my sport springs and they are still good. I thought they were sagged until I measured them. But I am going with the 19/60s this spring.

A fellow Jeeper gave me a set of those springs and I installed them on my old 2-door; they worked perfectly with the steel bumpers, winch, sliders. The spring rate was right anyhow; added a Terrorflex puck lift and shocks for additional height to clear the tires.
If these start to sag I'll probably look at Rock Krawler.

kojackJKU

A fellow Jeeper gave me a set of those springs and I installed them on my old 2-door; they worked perfectly with the steel bumpers, winch, sliders. The spring rate was right anyhow; added a Terrorflex puck lift and shocks for additional height to clear the tires.
If these start to sag I'll probably look at Rock Krawler.

That's good to know. I'm guessing my unlimited with some skids and stock bumpers with my leveling kit they should work well. I am keeping my stock bumpers to keep weight down to increase range on the highways and fire roads. That's a major concern for me. I went a couple of times last year without extra gas and almost never made it back.

kojackJKU

That's a new size for the st maxx too. what are the dimensions of them? 33" tall? Also, are they D or E load range? My 285s were awesome tires but the weight of them was very noticeable.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
The tires are just shy of 33" --- no rubbing with stock wheels.
Trailer is about 2k loaded. I'm going to to put the kit on a diet...
With the PW, we could/did take everything. Always.
Not anymore...

Septu

Explorer
I'm assuming you have 3.21 gears? Auto or a stick?

With my 4.10s auto and heavy 33s I feel my 1300 lb trailer on the big hills. The medium ones I feel it, but it's not an issue. But I'm leery of adding more weight to it - which I will be doing this summer.

2k shouldn't be too bad... but you'll definitely notice it.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I'm assuming you have 3.21 gears? Auto or a stick?

With my 4.10s auto and heavy 33s I feel my 1300 lb trailer on the big hills. The medium ones I feel it, but it's not an issue. But I'm leery of adding more weight to it - which I will be doing this summer.

2k shouldn't be too bad... but you'll definitely notice it.
3.73 gears, 6-speed manual trans. The Pentastar will be fine. It's no Hemi but I'm no D!ck Trickle....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles