I'll need salt nutralizer for the next few days!

FellowTraveler

Explorer
I'm surrounded here at my AO by salt water again by flooding, all the wildlife stayed up all nite making a racket which eventually let me sleep real good.

I use salt neutralizer to wash over/under vehicle to keep the salt and resulting damage at bay and it surprised me is that most who live near me never heard of salt neutralizer being used to wash a motor vehicle.

How many of you use it?

Pictures soon.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Salt Neutralizer? Tell us more! Sounds like it could be very useful up here in the winter!

Any idea if it works on chloride also? (what they use on the roads in winter more and more lately)

Foy

Explorer
Salt-Away

For the past 3 years, I've used Salt Away, a product purchased at West Marine, on the underside of my pickup and my Equinox, immediately following RoadTrips to salty road places like Utah and the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina and Virginia.

The way I apply it is pretty much a PITA, so I'm interested in how you do it, Fellow Traveler.

Foy

FellowTraveler

Explorer
Salt Neutralizer? Tell us more! Sounds like it could be very useful up here in the winter!

Any idea if it works on chloride also? (what they use on the roads in winter more and more lately)

Eastwood sells it that is what I use for the sea salt price is good too.

Last edited:

FellowTraveler

Explorer
For the past 3 years, I've used Salt Away, a product purchased at West Marine, on the underside of my pickup and my Equinox, immediately following RoadTrips to salty road places like Utah and the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina and Virginia.

The way I apply it is pretty much a PITA, so I'm interested in how you do it, Fellow Traveler.

Foy

I do it the PITA way too w/pesticide sprayer a small price to pay to protect investment IMHO.

Foy

Explorer
Oh yeah

I do it the PITA way too w/pesticide sprayer a small price to pay to protect investment IMHO.

A pesticide pump sprayer is an improvement over my method: a sprayer attachment to a water hose, with a reservoir of only a pint or so. I have to stop, get out from under the truck, refill, get back under, spray a few seconds, repeat. The sprayer beats the pants off of that method.

Foy

FellowTraveler

Explorer
Yep!

A pesticide pump sprayer is an improvement over my method: a sprayer attachment to a water hose, with a reservoir of only a pint or so. I have to stop, get out from under the truck, refill, get back under, spray a few seconds, repeat. The sprayer beats the pants off of that method.

Foy

The wand nozzle can be set for fan pattern which is great for chassis rails and the like. The Eastwood brand gives about 20+ gals of neutralizer when mixed.

blair_tundra

Thanks to tropical storm Debby I have about 12"-16" standing salt water covering most of the roads in my neighborhood. Can you get this stuff at Home Depot or is this more likely to be sold at a marine supply store?

FellowTraveler

Explorer
Thanks to tropical storm Debby I have about 12"-16" standing salt water covering most of the roads in my neighborhood. Can you get this stuff at Home Depot or is this more likely to be sold at a marine supply store?

West Marine is best bet but pricey too but worth whatever to protect your investment, Eastwood has it much better price but has to be bought from them I don't then have local outlets.

FellowTraveler

Explorer
Thankfully no storm surge today!

We can start cleaning up now, I have water inside my burb but can deal w/it. I had finished the Durabac in the passenger area last week, hopefully can do the cargo area soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles