Ikamper skycamp mini vs skycamp 2x and other options

neliconcept

Spirit Overland
I am looking at both Skycamp mini and the skycamp 2x. They are both roughly the same weight but trying to figure out which would be a better option for my wife and I. I have been scouring over a ton of threads and various different companies looking at hardtop RTTs and just can't seem to point my finger at the right one yet. I have also looked at the cheap GFC superlite but that thing has been in advertising for 2 months now and with no real world pictures or setup shots.

I have also looked at Roofnest options and this other brand called Freespirit Rec with the Odyssey Hardtop they have.

I think the Ikampers are the best options for me and my Cayenne (OEM roof rack with Dynamic load rating of 220lbs)

Has anyone tried both the Skycamp mini and or Skycamp 2x? Is the mini really only for small cars and or truck beds?

shoredreamer

Observer
I think for a Cayenne, the Mini is the way to go, although I wouldn’t mount it to factory crossbars on any vehicle. Upgrade to a set of aftermarket crossbars and have the Mini mount to that.

neliconcept

Spirit Overland
I think for a Cayenne, the Mini is the way to go, although I wouldn’t mount it to factory crossbars on any vehicle. Upgrade to a set of aftermarket crossbars and have the Mini mount to that.

The OEM bars I have are technically aftermarket and strong, rated at 100kg of dynamic weight or 220 pounds. They are Thule built I believe. I will probably end up going with the Mini. Is the mattress comfortable enough in that one?

pilgrim81

I think that Skycamp 2x is more practical than mini. In Skycamp 2x should be much more space under closed lid for storing sleeping bags and pillows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94