If you believe that smaller is better, you want to check this one out

AbleGuy

[Back] Roads Scholar
If you believe smaller is better ....
Cool, little van Recon Camper - $60000 (Santa Monica)

(Not Mine)

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...456403402.html

Full CL ad is way too lengthy to insert here, but if you're interested, you'll find everything you need to know there...

But here is some info:
Base Chassis:
2017 Nissan NV200 SV in Powder White

RECON WEBSITE WITH PHOTOS ETC. https://www.reconcampers.com

Recon Campers' 2018 ENVY includes a pop top roof allowing for over 7 feet of standing room, included 40" wide bed with, and 3 large opening windows with removable screens that provide great ventilation and view. Standard roof rack tracks allow for a variety of roof storage solutions.

The two passenger seat converts into an additional 42" wide x 72" long bed and has two storage drawers below.

.. 634B5177-B2A8-4A4A-A127-1BDEDD06AE07.jpeg

I bought an NV200 almost 2 years ago. I threw a piece of plywood on top of rubbermaid boxes with a double mattress on top. I am now in the process of building a slide out (google VW Doubleback) and adding a poptop. I was too cheap to pay $5000 for the Recon top so will be making one out of a Dodge Dakota cap. The profile above the windows is very close to the NV200 roof profile. I found a cap at the wrecker and paid $75... cut it off with my Makita so I did not have to lug the whole cap! If anyone else is converting an NV200 let me know how its going!

Attachments

I bought an NV200 almost 2 years ago. I threw a piece of plywood on top of rubbermaid boxes with a double mattress on top. I am now in the process of building a slide out (google VW Doubleback) and adding a poptop. I was too cheap to pay $5000 for the Recon top so will be making one out of a Dodge Dakota cap. The profile above the windows is very close to the NV200 roof profile. I found a cap at the wrecker and paid $75... cut it off with my Makita so I did not have to lug the whole cap! If anyone else is converting an NV200 let me know how its going!
How are you getting along!? I would love to see the progress!

Same here, too cheap to shell out 10 Gs for a poptop... am trying to find a hardtop off a wreck. Got a GMC Savana (‘16). Any ideas?