Status
Not open for further replies.

strange

Observer
man this ground is almost flat :clapsmile
DSCF3095.jpg

:sombrero:
i figured this thread needed an unbiased picture exchange hehe

i think thats the correct car, dont know much about them, there just "g unit" rides where im from like H2s and the new rovers.
poor suvs being used wrong in america

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Hmm . . .

I note an appalling lack of undercarriage protection on that G, compared to the Land Cruiser in the humungous opening photos. Thanks, Gurkha, for helping bring that discrepancy to our attention.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
I hear they don't need undercarriage protection as the componentry is so strong. Its made with bits of real Panzer.... so you know its good. :D

AndrewP

Explorer
The G has smaller axles than I thought. Nice truck though, one of my neighbors has one I've driven. I dig it.

Regarding Gurkha--I went and read the thread on the G Wagon forum. What a train wreck. Dude--you have issues.

Regarding flops-I agree. Common, and no brand of truck, particularly when lifted, is exempt. I think we all could post pictures of flops all day long. The G with it's high center of gravity and limited axle articulation may be even more at risk.

dclee

Observer
Hmm . . .

I note an appalling lack of undercarriage protection on that G, compared to the Land Cruiser in the humungous opening photos. Thanks, Gurkha, for helping bring that discrepancy to our attention.

BTW, if you look at the thread in the 70/80 vs. G-Wagen thread in the G section, he posts pics of his Gurkha. Check out the front suspension. Stupidest thing I've ever seen. There's almost like a box frame built around the axle and hubs. Not sure why, but not only does it mess up ground clearance, it also looks like it severely limits articulation.

BTW, it could be argued that the G needs little protection because everything is tucked above the frame rails (one of my pet peeves on all my Land Cruisers, the t-case hangs down too low). And what skid plates are on the Cruiser as OEM are not exactly what I would call robust. Nevertheless, I can just see getting turtled on a rock right between those frame rails. Depending on cooling concerns, I might build a plate for my G that completely spans both rails between the front and rear radius arm mounts. That should allow it to toboggan over rocks quite nicely!

Gurkha

Adventurer
A note to all you paranoid TLC lovers. I posted this not to be sarcastic in any way but to highlight what happens when you have the wrong operator behind a legitimately good vehicle, this can happen to TLC, Gurkha, G or any other vehicle for that matter. Its a lesson in how not to drive like a fool, thats all. What a bunch of defensive, paranoid TLC users with confidence issues here. Why are you guys so insecure about your vehicle when you know that it can go toe to toe with the best?

The fool who commented on Gurkha's IFS, well well, the latest greatest FJ also uses the same design except that the Gurkha's front is rated at 1.8 tons and uses torsion bar instead of coil. As for articulation, don't worry, been tested by people leagues ahead of you amateurs and found to be up there with the best. As I said, grab a copy of German Off Road Magazine, march 87 issue and I would rest my case but this thread is not about Gurkha or the defense of its capabilities. Its about a fool driving what is probably one of the best off roaders out there and flipping it.

By the way, unlike you biased users of Toyota products, I have no qualms about using any of the best label. Next month, first week of October I pick up a shiny new black TRD Hi Lux, has always been in my list to buy one in diesel and this gives me the opportunity to own one of the finest diesel engines built along with a great truck. Any of you in Cebu, Philippines area are invited to my new Toyota Hi Lux party after the purchase.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
A note to all you paranoid TLC lovers. I posted this not to be sarcastic in any way but to highlight what happens when you have the wrong operator behind a legitimately good vehicle, this can happen to TLC, Gurkha, G or any other vehicle for that matter. Its a lesson in how not to drive like a fool, thats all. What a bunch of defensive, paranoid TLC users with confidence issues here. Why are you guys so insecure about your vehicle when you know that it can go toe to toe with the best?

The fool who commented on Gurkha's IFS, well well, the latest greatest FJ also uses the same design except that the Gurkha's front is rated at 1.8 tons and uses torsion bar instead of coil. As for articulation, don't worry, been tested by people leagues ahead of you amateurs and found to be up there with the best. As I said, grab a copy of German Off Road Magazine, march 87 issue and I would rest my case but this thread is not about Gurkha or the defense of its capabilities. Its about a fool driving what is probably one of the best off roaders out there and flipping it.

By the way, unlike you biased users of Toyota products, I have no qualms about using any of the best label. Next month, first week of October I pick up a shiny new black TRD Hi Lux, has always been in my list to buy one in diesel and this gives me the opportunity to own one of the finest diesel engines built along with a great truck. Any of you in Cebu, Philippines area are invited to my new Toyota Hi Lux party after the purchase.

chill.gif

367-computer-guy-reach-inside-slap.gif

Last edited:

Gurkha

Adventurer
Yes, but the capsize isn't really the issue here. It's Gurkha's not-so-subtle attempt at trolling, with his sarcastic "mighty and great TLC" comment, etc.

He just needs to know we aren't fooled, despite any innocent expressions of hurt feelings he'll post subsequently.

And you are the super mod? WOW! I am impressed. Not only you got fooled, like a child you start attacking the Gelande Wagen.:)

Grow up, I guess the title of SUPER MOD has gone to your head. Maybe you think you are SUPER GOD.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
And you are the super mod? WOW! I am impressed. Not only you got fooled, like a child you start attacking the Gelande Wagen.:)

Grow up, I guess the title of SUPER MOD has gone to your head. Maybe you think you are SUPER GOD.

You don't even know him. You need a
chill.gif

Or, you should seek your entertainment elsewhere.

Gurkha

Adventurer
You don't even know him. You need a
chill.gif

Or, you should seek your entertainment elsewhere.

I don't have to, just saw his comment and have a fair idea of what he is. Now have you heard the term brown nosing. ;) I guess thats real entertaining for sure.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I don't have to, just saw his comment and have a fair idea of what he is. Now have you heard the term brown nosing. ;) I guess thats real entertaining for sure.

disgust.gif

Now, why would I brown nose Jonathan? I have nothing to gain, but I have shared a campfire with him and consider him a friend.

Are you for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles