Identify this rack rail?

BigAl

Expedition Leader
I just bought this cap on FB Marketplace. It has these rails which my be Thule? I don't have any other parts. I'd like to do a canoe rack. Does anyone know what this style of rack/rail is called and/or the best place to find uprights and crossbars that would work with it?cap.jpgCapturer.JPG?

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Can you post a close-up of he end caps? Looks like Yakima tracks to me.

If ARE offers tracks mounted as an option with new shells, that might narrow it down.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
I got curious and poked around a little. Took a closer look at your shell, and it's a Leer. Leer offers Thule as a factory option, so that's my new guess. Whenever I need rack parts or accessories, I usually order them from ORS Racks Direct. They often have sales and online coupons and free shipping, and I think they have a lot of stuff for canoes and kayaks.

BigAl

Expedition Leader
Thanks, the PO said he thought it was Thule as well. It appears ORS Racks Direct is no more

I have a Leer cap with the same tracks and they fit Thule uprights, but don’t seem to be a Thule product? I bought my topper used and it was missing the end cap and the Thule caps are not a match.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
When I needed some obsolete Yakima components, ORS sent me to ReRack.com and they had what I needed. ReRack sells new and NOS and (probably) used rack stuff. They have lots of inventory for a bunch of brands and are very helpful. They would know if perhaps the Yak and Thule tracks can take the same accessories, or could ID what you have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles