Identify this gun tool please

rnArmy

Adventurer
I was putting a new toy I recently purchased into my gun cabinet, and found this tool up with the ammo on top of the gun cabinet. I cannot for the life of me remember what it is for or which gun it belongs to (an AR?). It was still in a little sealed plastic bag, so it hadn't been used on anything. The little hex wrench was also with it, but not in the plastic bag (so they might not go together). But I put it in the picture to show scale.

Can anyone identify this tool for me?

Gun Tool.jpg

robert

Expedition Leader
Cheap choke tube wrench that typically comes with the gun (as opposed to the faster and slightly more expensive crank type). The narrow part is probably for use as a disassembly tool of some sort. It looks like a Beretta style.

ETA- Does it have any markings on it, like a PB in a circle? Here's an example of a Beretta style wrench, it's not the same but notice the long tail. https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/choke-tube-tool-for-28-and-410-gauge-internal-chokes/jc28-410w/
JC28_410-Choke-Tube-Tool-for-28-and-410.jpg

Last edited:
Choke wrench for 12 and 20 gauge pump or semi-auto shotgun. The long extension looks like a pin punch to remove the trigger mechanism from a gun like a Remington 870. No idea on the Allen or Bristol wrench, other than it’s an Allen/Bristol wrench.

WVI

Adventurer
Could it be the assembly tool and "go", "no go" gage for some Ikea type furniture??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles