Identify this gun tool please


I was putting a new toy I recently purchased into my gun cabinet, and found this tool up with the ammo on top of the gun cabinet. I cannot for the life of me remember what it is for or which gun it belongs to (an AR?). It was still in a little sealed plastic bag, so it hadn't been used on anything. The little hex wrench was also with it, but not in the plastic bag (so they might not go together). But I put it in the picture to show scale.

Can anyone identify this tool for me?

Gun Tool.jpg


Expedition Leader
Last edited:

Recommended books for Overlanding

Into Africa
by Sam Manicom
From $24.65
Drive Nacho Drive: A Journey from the American Dream to t...
by Brad Van Orden, Sheena Van Orden
From $15.95
Long Way Down: An Epic Journey by Motorcycle from Scotlan...
by Ewan McGregor, Charley Boorman
From $26.49
Choke wrench for 12 and 20 gauge pump or semi-auto shotgun. The long extension looks like a pin punch to remove the trigger mechanism from a gun like a Remington 870. No idea on the Allen or Bristol wrench, other than it’s an Allen/Bristol wrench.


Could it be the assembly tool and "go", "no go" gage for some Ikea type furniture??