Ideas for Aqua-Tainer golf tee vent cap replacement

Wilbah

Adventurer
I have had a 7 gallon AquaTainer for Lord knows how many years now. Been great. Never leaked, yes sort of heavy when full but great to set up at the campsite and have plenty of water. But finally last year I lost the little golf-tee vent plug (Obviously this isn't the newer thread on vent cap model). Just curious what folks have found work as a replacement? I know I can buy a new spigot set for $7 or so from Reliance which has the golf tee in it but all I need is the golf tee. I know I can whittle a stick or something that will work but didn't know what others have used?

Wilbah

Adventurer
That's a great idea RAF....when in doubt do the simplest thing right? Ha! Thanks....I will post back what they say.

Wilbah

Adventurer
Well as RAFoutdoors suggested the easiest answer was the right answer. I called Reliance and asked if I could buy a pack of 5 vent plugs or whatever and the woman, who could not have been nicer, said she would be glad to mail me two and took down my mailing information. Definitely great service and makes me want to buy another of their products when this one gives up the ghost. Nice in todays day and age where so many companies forget customer service or have built in obsolescence to get you to buy another product someone standing behind their older products too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior