Idacamper2.0 Color change, please let me know your thoughts.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Always naysayers, or those that think you need a space shuttle to travel in :ROFLMAO:

Wood has its place, but it isnt for everyone.

Most are simply too lazy to fully commit to a project like this.
Done right, it is excellent. Not perfect, but excellent.

ITTOG

Looks good, just started reading your original build again, amazing how many guys in all there wisdom said don't, won't, ect, as they held there noses in the air, wood? What where you thinking lol. This is probably one of my favourite builds ever, wonder if there composite campers ever left the pavement.
Wood has its place, but it isnt for everyone.

Most are simply too lazy to fully commit to a project like this.
Done right, it is excellent. Not perfect, but excellent.

I don't know if I have seen the original build. Do you have a link? I couldn't find it in a quick search.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Original build was actually posted on Pirate, but has essentially been lost due to broken image links.

I did post a thread just prior to that on Expo, that got seemed to invite the typical anything-made-of-wood haters :ROFLMAO:

It is here...

reddrum

First off. Looks great! I have followed your stuff for a long, long time. It is nice to see a check up after 7? years since the build.

I know you have taken a lot of heat over the wood. Weighs more, but have you had any negative impacts of using wood versus composites?

No one likes to talk about it, but water in anything will cause damage regardless if it is space shuttle material, traditional camper building materials, wood, or anything else.... Yours is probably a lot easier to repair if there is ever a problem.

After going through this thread I scratch my head if I really need to get the fancy smancey panels versus epoxy and glass over wood... I have been a fan of wood/epoxy for a long time. If it is good enough for boats that sit in the water 24/7, why not land-based vehicles???

ITTOG

Original build was actually posted on Pirate, but has essentially been lost due to broken image links.

I did post a thread just prior to that on Expo, that got seemed to invite the typical anything-made-of-wood haters

It is here...

Thanks for the link. Darn no pics.

Wow, the haters were aggressive. It is crazy how people think something is wrong if it doesn't fall in line with their own understanding. I wonder if that main hater knows boats were once made of wood. Some were made out of concrete. Those wooden boats are now collectors items.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Its a tough stigma to crack, that's for sure.
Not helped by all the ******** truck and trailer campers that were built using stapled wood & aluminum siding.

I know you have taken a lot of heat over the wood. Weighs more, but have you had any negative impacts of using wood versus composites?

Only drawback is labor during construction.
It is labor intensive. Beyond that, zero drawbacks Ive experienced.

Single biggest benefit over typical composites is being 100% seem-less.
Typical composites use extruded trims, so there are plenty of seems.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Thanks!

We just got home. We were on the road for 2 weeks traveling to visit friends in Texas for a wedding.
4200 miles and 15 nights later, we are home.

Pretty good trip. Really wish we had more time to do it. Back-to-back-to-back 400+ mile driving days are rough.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Thanks dude.

We have property near Priest River that we are working on.
Custom home build. Im up there every other weekend until its done.... I live in Moscow.
So we put some miles on. (y)

51060811072_3069a57103_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles