Idacamper2.0 Color change, please let me know your thoughts.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Being considerably thicker than a traditional paint, Id assume so.

Though I wouldn't bet on much impact absorption. It is still a paint, afterall... curing just as hard, only thicker.

Its also just as brittle as a paint, with essentially zero elastomeric properties.
I prefer that though, as Id rather it chip from an impact, than try to peel.

Touching up a chip is considerably easier. :sneaky:

Last edited:

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
After a load of hand and power sanding, to degloss the previously applied coating, masking, and 3 rounds of cleaning/degreasing....

We are ready for the second (upper) color.
Assuming our temps drop (crazy 90 degree day today) Ill spray in the morning.

FYI, Ive been using these incredible little rolls of masking, with tape attached.
If you havn't tried these... they are a must.

49953612766_21b0961629_b.jpg

49953615401_0e3e44a460_b.jpg

49953901192_633db8a210_b.jpg

Ramdough

Adventurer
After a load of hand and power sanding, to degloss the previously applied coating, masking, and 3 rounds of cleaning/degreasing....

We are ready for the second (upper) color.
Assuming our temps drop (crazy 90 degree day today) Ill spray in the morning.

FYI, Ive been using these incredible little rolls of masking, with tape attached.
If you havn't tried these... they are a must.

49953612766_21b0961629_b.jpg

49953615401_0e3e44a460_b.jpg

49953901192_633db8a210_b.jpg

Looking good!

How do this rolls compare to a masking gun? I have two. You load a roll of tape, then a roll of paper or plastic, then the gun combines them and you tear both tape and paper when you want to stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
I did have to wait until mid day, for much of the humidity to burn off, but it worked out great.

Yesterdays 90 degree day was followed by a series of thunderstorms that brought 60+mph winds, lighting, and near 3 inches of rain....
It was still raining a bit this morning, 55 degrees with humidity sitting at 85%. When I started, humidity had dropped to 60% or so, and temps back in the 60's.

Perfect for this stuff. It goes off too fast when very humid or hot.

1000arms

I did have to wait until mid day, for much of the humidity to burn off, but it worked out great.

Yesterdays 90 degree day was followed by a series of thunderstorms that brought 60+mph winds, lighting, and near 3 inches of rain....
It was still raining a bit this morning, 55 degrees with humidity sitting at 85%. When I started, humidity had dropped to 60% or so, and temps back in the 60's.

Perfect for this stuff. It goes off too fast when very humid or hot.
Looks like you had things timed well!

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
The entire upper is done.

Next up is to prep and shoot the lower (white) portion.

Assuming I find the time in the evenings this week to prep, I should be shooting that next weekend.
Lots of prep to do for the lowers, including the camper jack mounts, the jacks themselves, compartment doors, etc.

ExpoMike

That came out looking nice. Can't wait to see the whole project out in the light as a full shot. Should look great.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Pretty happy with these results :cool:

Colors in the photos are a bit all over the place (Iphone)
Ill have to take some decent shots with the real camera later.

49981454483_c7a713952e_b.jpg

Took a pretty big gamble on these as well...

But it paid off. These decals were applied over a light gray basecoat, then oversprayed with the white, then decals (carefully) removed when the white was still wet.

49981454388_8402cfdc94_b.jpg

The Iphone lies about the color, saying its all gray :oops: .... the photo below is actually of the Nuclear Winter (white) monstaliner.

49981979296_739a1e851c_b.jpg

ITTOG

That looks great regardless of color. Not only creative with the decals but appears you have a lot of experience with painting. Great work.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles