Hranni

Was snowing today
997dacdd35278cf1bcace8e627cbe468.jpg
fa6bfe04c3bff194df97eef225b4e035.jpg

My street viewe

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Dake21

Adventurer
I believe only the 4dr models got the V6. It's only rated for 5bhp more than the 2.0L I4 but again, it's got a lot more torque where it counts. It's really popular to swap in the later model 2.5L and 2.7L V6 into early sidekicks and vitaras. Apparently the early 2dr models with the 2.7L V6 swapped in with the 5 speed manuals are little rockets.

My friend has a 4 door and it has the 4 cylinder in it. I really like the small Suzuki V6, they are fuel efficient like an I4 but with more torque like you said.

Hranni you are lucky to have so much snow! Where I'm at we only had a handful of snowflakes but if it is supposed to be a worse winter than last year (so I've heard) we'll be in for a treat lol

Hranni

The snow is FUN:smiley_drive: , I didnt like this v6 motor at first, re thinked this idia of buying this suzuki, But after like 6 weeks of testing, this motor is nice runs smooth gas milage is similar as 1.6 i owned before
driving inside down i dont feel any difrence for the motors , but when at hills or heavy snow i feel it.

I asume its more expensive to maintainance the v6 as for 1.6, but cant be so much more i think, i can get all i need in suzuki dealership as partstore worker is awsome old fella that knows everythink better than the manual, helped me out so much when i was starting with my sidekick that i always shop there no matter what, he also tells me what fit from other suzukis.

would love to have more hp, but so far so good :) thansk for reading my thread even when nothing is going on here :)

stevec

Adventurer
Love that Vitara! I didn't know about that little V6, but had an XL-7 with the 2.7 and really liked it.

I'll be in Iceland in February - planning to rent a Jimny. Doubt I'll really "need" 4WD with where I'll be allowed to take it, but I've never driven one (and after all, isn't that part of what vacations are for? :bike_rider: )

Hranni

it would be so nice to have that 2.7 engine in my vitara :) , and for the jimny they are nice fun a litle like lifted go-kart :p , it depends where you are going in Iceland what car you need, if you are planning on Higland drive over Kjölur ( mountain road ) and into Hveravellir and Kerlingjafjöll, its sure nessesary to be with a 4x4 as the road is really bad, If you rent a normal car like Corolla or what you would pick is not allowed to go any near higlands only the Road nr 1 wich is the higway around iceland.

And YES vacations are for FUN and do what you want. One question are you going to stay in Reykjavík and in a Hotel or did you rent a house ?

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
Great setup! I wish my Sidekick (Vitara) had that V-6! I still have the 1.6-liter 16V engine (95 hp). With your ratio and 33s, is it still fairly driveable on pavement?

stevec

Adventurer
it would be so nice to have that 2.7 engine in my vitara :) , and for the jimny they are nice fun a litle like lifted go-kart :p , it depends where you are going in Iceland what car you need, if you are planning on Higland drive over Kjölur ( mountain road ) and into Hveravellir and Kerlingjafjöll, its sure nessesary to be with a 4x4 as the road is really bad, If you rent a normal car like Corolla or what you would pick is not allowed to go any near higlands only the Road nr 1 wich is the higway around iceland.

And YES vacations are for FUN and do what you want. One question are you going to stay in Reykjavík and in a Hotel or did you rent a house ?

We're staying in Reykjavik in one of the IcelandAir hotels - can't remember the name offhand. IcelandAir was running a special for RT air from Seattle, 4 nights hotel w/breakfast and a "northern lights" tour for $699/pp; I couldn't pass it up. My daughters both told me my wife and I should do a "date night", so this is it. :bike_rider: Now they are upset that they can't go...

I have a feeling the rental company won't allow us to take the Jimny that many places, but I would like to get out and play with it a little...

Hranni

You'r ok in the jimny most rentals have them and in my trips i always see them around iceland so they are allowed in higlands its just matter of where you wannt to go

sent from my suzuki using tapatalk

Hondaslayer

Adventurer
We're staying in Reykjavik in one of the IcelandAir hotels - can't remember the name offhand. IcelandAir was running a special for RT air from Seattle, 4 nights hotel w/breakfast and a "northern lights" tour for $699/pp; I couldn't pass it up. My daughters both told me my wife and I should do a "date night", so this is it. :bike_rider: Now they are upset that they can't go...

I have a feeling the rental company won't allow us to take the Jimny that many places, but I would like to get out and play with it a little...

Whhhaaaaaa?

When was this? I really need to check more often, would love to go to Iceland.

sargeek

Adventurer
This thread caught my attention also - My wife and I are arriving in January for the same tour. I wanted to see the norther lights. Direct from Denver. Price is about the same - all via Icelandic Air.

Hranni

Great setup! I wish my Sidekick (Vitara) had that V-6! I still have the 1.6-liter 16V engine (95 hp). With your ratio and 33s, is it still fairly driveable on pavement?

Yes it drive's great on pavement hold 100-120 kmh in 5 th gear, even in wind and bad weather, even on this wide tires i feel nothing in the steering, this 2.0 V6 is similar as 1.6 but has more torq, 1.6 16v is still my fav engine for the suzuki as i owned 4 cars with them, mechanical parts are really cheap its easy to fix even when you are in the mountain's and have just the basic tools.

I had one vitara similar to this one on 33'' tires had the 1.6 16v, it got sidekick diffs and trans for lower gearratio and lower 1 in 4x4 low, it had heaters and 2.5'' exhaust, some small mods on motor, had no problems turning thouse 33'' mt tires on 10'' wide rimz, had fear mpg.

stevec

Adventurer
Whhhaaaaaa?

When was this? I really need to check more often, would love to go to Iceland.

Check the IcelandAir website. This was a special they were running in October and November. We actually paid an extra $16/pp to change the hotel to the Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura, as it had better online reviews.

Hranni

well since i posted last time here, no new upgrades on the car other than fixing some oil leeks and small stuff that needed attention

hopefully im getting a workshop close to my house so i can start working on the car, as im jumping in on friends when its cold and snowing outside

went to two trips and prepered the car for them both, took the backseat out and mesured up for more storage as my dogs will need more floor space

wonder how it would be to build false floor out of plastic my dad used to build boats so maybe i can come up with something thats strong enougt but light as well

and as for suspension, took my front tractionbar out, and its never getting back in, mush nicer ride on thouse crawel roads
will leave the back one in for now.

And as for my suspension it really needs a upgrade, front one is okey but the back is shagin when load is in the back + my 2 dogs so

I went to work and dig up OME manual for suspension, think i will go with more load capacity in the back anyone running them and will tell me how they are
loaded and unloaded ?

Was also looking at new front suspension https://www.calmini.com/detail.php?b=2&m=5&t=1&p=1009&n=, is anyone running this setup up front and would like to share it with me ?

only took photos when we where prepping the car for the trips, bad weather stopped me for taking trail pics will do it next time !
12662517_10206053055833585_2334388724605191374_n.jpg

12645008_10206053055953588_2450080374142942297_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles