Iceco JP40 or VL45?

dbhost

I've not bought a 12v fridge (yet). So take this for what it's worth, and honestly it is just a matter of personal taste, but for ME, and my wife, I am wanting the JP50. Maybe it's just me coming from using plastic coolers for decades, but the VL series just looks too much like a garage freezer to me. I know it's a personal taste issue here... But here we are...

MiamiC70

I almost went for the JP-42 which is exactly same dimensions as my old Yeti 50. However, ultimately I went for the new VL45PRO S version and which has bit more volume and is 2” narrower and 1” shorter than Yeti. The multidirectional open or fully removable lid and dual 12v inputs are really nice features. So was the 20% off sale ?

MiamiC70

Finally, stopped raining long enough for me to get fridge installed in cargo area and snap few pictures. Well, stopped at least long enough for hurricane to hit us in few days ?

Anyway, ICECO VL45Pro S fridge fits great and with it strapped in you can open door about 45% of way without removing it completely. If fridge wasn’t strapped in you could probably open it further as it makes contact at top left corner where the Outback’s roofline tapers and ceiling height drops. Other than that, it fits great and looks like was made for a Subaru Outback. Also, I’ve got the cargo protector still installed so might be able get a little more room if I take that out. But, for now it’s fine and ultimately I want to get a slider or a drawer kit back there.

Officer: Sir, have you been drinking?
Me: Not, yet. However, can I get you a cold one out of the fridge? It’s a scorcher out today.
Officer: Proceeds to taser me because, ’Merica ??‍♂️2C70245B-8F98-4E78-89C6-2AA372C01DD2.jpeg19DE6D1B-8584-499F-8E6D-36BC4AB7913C.jpeg

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Finally, stopped raining long enough for me to get fridge installed in cargo area and snap few pictures. Well, stopped at least long enough for hurricane to hit us in few days ?

Anyway, ICECO VL45Pro S fridge fits great and with it strapped in you can open door about 45% of way without removing it completely. If fridge wasn’t strapped in you could probably open it further as it makes contact at top left corner where the Outback’s roofline tapers and ceiling height drops. Other than that, it fits great and looks like was made for a Subaru Outback. Also, I’ve got the cargo protector still installed so might be able get a little more room if I take that out. But, for now it’s fine and ultimately I want to get a slider or a drawer kit back there.

Me: Not, yet. However, can I get you a cold one out of the fridge? It’s a scorcher out today.
Officer: Proceeds to taser me because, ’Merica ??‍♂️View attachment 669316View attachment 669317
Actually that is a really sharp looking fridge and well worth the dough, Well Done.

dbhost

Officer: Proceeds to taser me because, ’Merica ??‍♂️View attachment 669316View attachment 669317

Very, and I mean VERY nice! If you push the back over 1 or 2", maybe use the space to stash something skinny, you should be able to fully open that lid with the fridge in place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles