Ice Road Endeavours

Cabrito

I come in Peace
The Arctic mocks the machinations of man.

Quote of the day right there.. Really good stuff, thanks for posting, and welcome to the Portal.

How long did it take to to complete the trip? Looked like you spent the night out there.. The video was great, but what happened to the sled? Did you overturn? The shots of the tractor hauling the sled and the bike was cool.

Also, how long does it take to convert the bike to a snow bike?

Brokentooth

Quote of the day right there.. Really good stuff, thanks for posting, and welcome to the Portal.

How long did it take to to complete the trip? Looked like you spent the night out there.. The video was great, but what happened to the sled? Did you overturn? The shots of the tractor hauling the sled and the bike was cool.

Also, how long does it take to convert the bike to a snow bike?

This particular run took just under a month requiring multiple relays to an abandoned rail station I used for staging the kibble. I've spent a dozen or so nights on the trail with one particularly scary evening when a pack of wolves attacked the cargo. The sled overturned many, many times which is a testament to the old ways Inuit engineering of the sled.

Building a snowbike from a kit usually takes a full day the first time then just a couple of hours for typical switch overs from then on. As this bike was a prototype there were no kits available so I fabricobbled my own subframe and mounts from a kit designed for a KTM 450 dirt bike. This took me a few days.

ChasingOurTrunks

Nice job Brokentooth!

Your screen name is familiar - did you also do a winter run from Southern to Northern Ontario a few years back up to the Ear Falls/Red Lake/Balmertown area? I seem to remember having a chat with someone with your screen name on ADVRider but it was a long time ago.

Either way glad to see you are still pushing the limits of what a motorbike can do. Great stuff!

Brokentooth

Nice job Brokentooth!

Your screen name is familiar - did you also do a winter run from Southern to Northern Ontario a few years back up to the Ear Falls/Red Lake/Balmertown area? I seem to remember having a chat with someone with your screen name on ADVRider but it was a long time ago.

Either way glad to see you are still pushing the limits of what a motorbike can do. Great stuff!

One and the same. Still boppin' on the Hudson Bay sea ice trying to outrun the polar bears. I haven't been posting much the past few years but the madness hasn't the least bit diminished since our chat.

FB_IMG_1580143752807.jpg

Brokentooth

The facebook link indicates a film is in the works. What is the status of that?

I've been approached a few times over the years by History/Discovery/Nat Geo but nothing came of it. Netflix is curious but I'm not holding my breath. In the meantime a friend followed me on one trip with a camera and made a festival flick that did well for a few years. I've got tons of footage just waiting to see the light of day but can't seem to get off my ass to put together a decent edit.

One day...one day.

GOPR2924_Moment.jpg

ITTOG

I've been approached a few times over the years by History/Discovery/Nat Geo but nothing came of it. Netflix is curious but I'm not holding my breath. In the meantime a friend followed me on one trip with a camera and made a festival flick that did well for a few years. I've got tons of footage just waiting to see the light of day but can't seem to get off my ass to put together a decent edit.

One day...one day.

View attachment 702546
Well if you ever get more material online please post links here. I would definitely like to view it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles