I want to paint the plastic body panels..

mbialick

looks good!
i would love to paint my panels but I have but i have the red pearl, feel like matching the color would be difficult!

RAWags44

Great job on the paint. I have the same old man gold on my panels/bumpers. I'm going to try getting the Monstaliner tinted the same color as the white. I need protection for the places I go to. These trucks look so much better one color!

AZPAJERO

Observer
Great job on the paint. I have the same old man gold on my panels/bumpers. I'm going to try getting the Monstaliner tinted the same color as the white. I need protection for the places I go to. These trucks look so much better one color!

View attachment 511943

I would advise against using monstaliner in any color besides black. It seems to attract dirt and grime moreso than normal paint. YMMV

phstudio

I would advise against using monstaliner in any color besides black. It seems to attract dirt and grime moreso than normal paint. YMMV
Not unless your Monstaliner is the same color as dirt. :) I've only had to wash mine twice in the year that I've had it. No mud, though, only desert and mountains. But you're probably right, white Monstaliner would more than likely hold a lot of dirt until it was rinsed off. That said dirt on rolled on Monstaliner, IMHO, rinses off very easily. No need to get the sponge out.

AZPAJERO

Observer
Not unless your Monstaliner is the same color as dirt. :) I've only had to wash mine twice in the year that I've had it. No mud, though, only desert and mountains. But you're probably right, white Monstaliner would more than likely hold a lot of dirt until it was rinsed off. That said dirt on rolled on Monstaliner, IMHO, rinses off very easily. No need to get the sponge out.
Yes I stand corrected......black and "DIRT" color are probably best :LOL:

But there is a gentleman at my work who tried painting the cladding on his 4runner white to match body and it turned out badly and always looked dirty.....he ended up stripping it and going white gloss.

IMO......Gen3 would look much better with regular paint that matches instead of trying to match monstaliner.......

my .02

Liam5638

Most people that go with a monochrome paint scheme just pull the plastic cladding panels off. In fact, lots of people just pull them off even if they aren't going to paint....

When I painted it and did. I think this is the most common.

RyanY

Adventurer
NOTE: Wraps will also attract dirt, electrostatically
Also note that wraps are not durable in any sense of the word. Any abrasion or impact will damage it, and most colors are not nearly as colorfast as paint. A wrap should be approached as a temporary color change and not something that will last for any significant length of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne