I saw a majestic 4x4 camper. For sale I. Encinitas

I don’t know if this is a good price or not. But the vehicle was impressive. Ford. Chassis diesel. With 185000 miles All white. Body armor winch. Cab over camper. And it was only. $57000 ?

It can be seen on OTOBekas.com

Seems like a lot to me for a rig with that many. Miles! I will be the first to admit it it. Certainly fired my imagination just can’t get over 57000.
This is to me what is wrong with overlanding. Everything cost way to much that is remotely associated with overlanding. For example. A common tool roll (no tools). $112. Online they sell for 12

Dual battery trays for a JL $529.00

One last thought when I was in college 1972 -1976 and Datsun was still Datsun. My best friend and I would. Strap our boards on the roof of Datsun 1200 fastback and go from San Jose down the coast. Highway 1 camping. Out. Surfin safari. As we called it. sleeping in the car with the seats folded down primitive form of overlanding. We camped on beaches in bigsur San Simeon Pismo and in. Mexico it was cheap and fun.
Enough of my lame rant

moodybloo

Maybe its age?
I left college in 1976 and travelled around Europe in a manx buggy, but now i travel in a fully equipped 4x4 rv.
Why? Not the money,its just i like my comforts now.

Rockey709

I saw it this past week too!! It’s so weird when you see expe portal goods In your back yard!

Attachments

• B0B21A8C-1723-421F-82C2-559C64DD7EA5.jpeg
    B0B21A8C-1723-421F-82C2-559C64DD7EA5.jpeg
    960.7 KB · Views: 562
  • 02A8170B-729E-4C84-BC32-B95ACF5095CC.jpeg
    02A8170B-729E-4C84-BC32-B95ACF5095CC.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 541

grampswrx

Observer
That’s on eBay and Craigslist. The guy runs a business getting campers converted in Mexico and selling them in the states. Look up reviews on Javier/crow 4x4 conversions. They aren’t great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I always wonder why the dark color?
That’s on eBay and Craigslist. The guy runs a business getting campers converted in Mexico and selling them in the states. Look up reviews on Javier/crow 4x4 conversions. They aren’t great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A friend bought a E-350 7.3 from him. Total POS. The guy buys Ford Vans in the US and then has a company in TJ do the work. My friend paid him $28K in cash. He insists on it. I tried to bring my friend to Agile 4x4 for some advice but no he had to get that van.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Anything you buy from Yuppy'ville San Diego is going to be overpiced and come with strings attached. 100% a Javier Crow botch job on the 4x4. I can say this because I am from Encinitas. Left and ain't going back! You're better off buying this rig: https://expeditionportal.com/expedition-portal-classifieds-7-3l-diesel-f250-camper/. Tried and true and you're not paying the Sunshine Tax.
Where did you move to? Encinitas and north county in whole doesn't even resemble the laid back style it had. Should have scooped up some cheap property in the early 70's there.

ovrland6250

Where did you move to? Encinitas and north county in whole doesn't even resemble the laid back style it had. Should have scooped up some cheap property in the early 70's there.
Ahmen! Property in the 70's would have been the dream. Sell it now to fund a dream overland truck and trip around the world, and still have cash left over to buy a house in a normal place! Left Encinitas for a modest cabin in Lake Tahoe. Plan is to relocate to Chile as soon as funds allow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles