I need a backpack + organizer...

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
I'm looking for a pack, something with the "molle" system where it has webbing stitched into the outside of the pack creating a LOT of attachment points. Something in the 40L size range, no idea what that works out to in cubic inches?
I have seen them at cheaperthandirt.com, and they are priced really well on that site, but after reading the reviews, a sizeable percentage of the previous buyers seem to have had a lot of issues with stitching coming apart, buckles breaking etc. etc...
So, the item seems like it is what I'm looking for, but build quality is severely lacking...

I'm also looking for something somewhat specific:
I don't know how to describe it that well, so I'm going to start typing, and see if you guys can decipher it. lol

Imagine 4-5 heavy duty clear plastic bags (about the size of a ziplock sandwich bag) all stitched together in a line, or chain formation. Each bag would have a zipper on it, keeping each compartment's contents secure, and separate.
I think I've seen some first aid kits that come in this form of packaging.
Has anyone seen this item for sale by itself, without having to buy something else along with it?

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
Imagine 4-5 heavy duty clear plastic bags (about the size of a ziplock sandwich bag) all stitched together in a line, or chain formation. Each bag would have a zipper on it, keeping each compartment's contents secure, and separate.
I think I've seen some first aid kits that come in this form of packaging.
Has anyone seen this item for sale by itself, without having to buy something else along with it?

A molle medic backpack perhaps? The medic packs have "roll out"/fold out compartments.

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
That's pretty much the sort of thing I'm looking for in terms of a pack - I like the huge opening. Kinda pricey though... :( )
This stuff is for my bug out bag that I'm starting to get organized.

Regarding the organizer thing, I want something that is clear so I can quickly and easily see what is in each section.
I want to divide my items into categories - first aid - fire starting - tools - etc. etc...
I'm like to be able to grab the organizer, roll/lay it out and quickly grab what I'm in need of right then.

I've been looking over the list of items I'm thinking about putting in the bug out bag, and then thought how I would FIND a small item if I was in a hurry.

joetool

Observer
I would sign up for a free membership at http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums
You have to have a free membership to view but it is a board for elite special operations folk to talk about everything from weapons, to the best pack. They have hundreds of reviews. Be warned; It is a no BS site they will absolutley not tolerate any idiocy on their board.DO NOT POST without understanding their rules 110%!! Also look at Kifaru.com

Joe

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online