I Like Mountaineering!

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Mount McKinley

022bp4.jpg

Rainier

rainiergroupkh0.jpg

I've also mucked around on Shasta and Whitney in the winter but did not summit (unsafe conditions)

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I've always wanted to get up to Denali. Mt McKinley is a life goal, originally wanted to do it by the time I was 35 but that's slipped to 40 (being that I'll be 36 this year and my wife just started grad school this semester). Very cool stuff.

Scott Brady

Founder
:bowdown:

022bp4.jpg

Have you considered highpointing all of the states? With Denali out of the way, it would literally be "all down hill" for you :)

Several on this forum have been working on that.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
DaveInDenver said:
I've always wanted to get up to Denali. Mt McKinley is a life goal, originally wanted to do it by the time I was 35 but that's slipped to 40 (being that I'll be 36 this year and my wife just started grad school this semester). Very cool stuff.

You've got lots of time to prepare!:rappel:

I climbed it in 2005 at 52 years old... don't worry about the summit. Just have a great time on the expedition. If a summit happens, cool! Just come back safely.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
expeditionswest said:
:bowdown:

022bp4.jpg

Have you considered highpointing all of the states? With Denali out of the way, it would literally be "all down hill" for you :)

Several on this forum have been working on that.

I've gone to a lot of peaks with friends but never really was focussed on the peaks themselves. Sometimes summits did not happen but I had such a fantastic time it never mattered.

Last edited:

slooowr6

Explorer
teotwaki said:
You've got lots of time to prepare!:rappel:

I climbed it in 2005 at 52 years old... don't worry about the summit. Just have a great time on the expedition. If a summit happens, cool! Just come back safely.

Words of wisdom. :punk03:

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
teotwaki said:
I climbed it in 2005 at 52 years old...
Right on! I'll get up there someday. We also wanted to drive up and in Alaska in 2006, but the truck preparations slipped big time. Like years. So much to see and do, not enough time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles