I know, 35 inch tires = regear but.....

scrubber3

Not really here
Has anyone put 35s on a generation 2 with 4.6 gears and not regeared? If so, what was the outcome? What about 34 inch tires?

SOFpirate

Adventurer
Considering that people regear and upgrade to 4.10 gearing when they put 35's on their trucks, I think our stock 4.6 gearing is just fine. IMO.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Yes I have on my 96SR with the more powerful 3.5L dohc engine and 4.6x:1 R&P gears. On the streets it feels a tad slower than normal but otherwise fine. Then again, it doesn't accelerate as quickly as I'd prefer but thats offset by the improved off road clearance. Your speedo will read ~15% slower than your actual speed. For off road use I do plan to upgrade to 4.90:1 R&P's and 3.15:1 x-case gears.

Also IIRC only 94-96SR's came with this engine and possibly(?) some 97 models. Earlier models were 3.0L & later models came with a slightly less powerful 3.5L SOHC engine. I don't know which 3.0L engine came with your LS.

scrubber3

Not really here
Thanks for the insight!
I drive it on the road like I wash my fine china. Once I get it off the road, I treat it like a solo cup... I think I'm going with 35x10.5 for my next set. This width should keep the weight down and lessen the resistance so my 3.0 won't have to struggle too much. I can swap the R&P afterward if needed.

scrubber3

Not really here
I installed a rear axle/ rear end assembly out of a 94 SR in mine. I cannot see how that would make a difference though.

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
Not that I recommend anything, just stating something. The 5.29 gear set is the lowest Mitsu gear.

I would be willing to sell my very rare set of 5.29 Mitsubishi gears. I think they are the only set in the country that is not in a rig. I would highly recommend going with 5.29 because that would restore your power band. Even if I was running a 3.5 I would recommend the 5.29's and with the 3.0 I think it is a no-brainer. Let me know if your interested.

scrubber3

Not really here
I have an SR rear diff and an LS front diff. What would be the compatibility with my rig? If I see that I need them to suit my driving style, I may get them. It will be a while from now though.

I have an SR rear diff and an LS front diff. What would be the compatibility with my rig? If I see that I need them to suit my driving style, I may get them. It will be a while from now though.

They should fit with some minor mods to the rear diff. To get the rear to fit you would need to enlarge the bolt holes. The front diff should bolt right up. Let me know, I am selling them at a huge discount to the first taker. I sold my project so I do not have a need for them anymore.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
They should fit with some minor mods to the rear diff. To get the rear to fit you would need to enlarge the bolt holes. The front diff should bolt right up. Let me know, I am selling them at a huge discount to the first taker. I sold my project so I do not have a need for them anymore.

im interested. how much?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior