I have Thule tracks on my cap. What rack can I put in there?

sb.reno

I have Thule tracks installed on my truck cap. The cap is a Leer 100XR and the tracks are spaced just over 37'' apart. I understand that I don't have to get a Thule rack on there, but I am looking for something to hold my awning and maybe some recovery gear. What is the best bang for the buck or do I just get a Prinsu Rack and call it good?

XJLI

Adventurer
best bang for your buck in basket racks IMHO is Surco. But with those rails you can put almost whatever you want up there, so pick your poison.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I have a Leer as well and mine also works with the Yakima Landing Pads and Control Towers. Nice thing about Yakima racks is that there is a lot of interchangeability AND you can almost always find stuff cheap on Craigslist or FB Marketplace.

With the landing pads in the tracks I can snap the rack on and off in seconds with no tools. I can also lock them into place, although I rarely do.

In fact, if you decide to go with the Landing Pads and Control Towers, let me know, I have a set I can sell you, complete with keys. **EDITED TO ADD** I have the control towers, not the landing pads, which were sold separately. The landing pads stay on your vehicle and the control towers snap on and off.

The reason I have an extra set is kind of a funny story but not relevant here...

ThePartyWagon

I have Thule tracks installed on my truck cap. The cap is a Leer 100XR and the tracks are spaced just over 37'' apart. I understand that I don't have to get a Thule rack on there, but I am looking for something to hold my awning and maybe some recovery gear. What is the best bang for the buck or do I just get a Prinsu Rack and call it good?

We install Eezi Awn K9 racks on various track systems all the time. One of our more popular products. From there, add whatever rack accessories you'd like.

Shoot us an email with any questions.

sales@equipt1.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94