Hypothetical Recovery Question

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
If you have a vehicle with a winch and other recovery tools you wind up helping others' out of their mess 95% of the time compare to self extraction. The longer I live the less I want to get involved in others' follies, now mostly because of the current litigious nature of society and the possibility of a lawsuit if things go south.
I'll shrug and walk away sooner than maybe I used to, yet I still try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Although, disappointment in people has been more common than affirmation lately.

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
It will buff out; just may take a little longer.
My CJ-8 after attempting to descend the waterfall on Jackhammer. This roll took out the fender, hood, radiator, and windshield all in one slow, agonizing diagonal endo:
You can see Frank (in the white t-shirt) coming down with the winch hook from my sister CJ-8

The last trip with my sister CJ-8 (built 2 weeks apart in 1982) on the other side of Jackhammer. This completely destroyed the body and bent the frame, and could not be brought back so Mark sold it for parts. You can see the pair of transfer cases (a 4:1 and a Dana 300) on the back of a T-98 trans. that gave him a 274:1 crawl.

It'll buff out. jefe

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior