Hyperdrive build - 6" Expovans conversion

The Idaho vans just keep on coming! You've got yourself one nice rig there. Hit all us Boise folk up next time you are in town.

I am happy to put some flyers for The River Company on the front counter of Backcountry Pursuit if drop some off. I send at least a few people a year to the good folks at Sawtooth Mountain Guides.

Hyperdrive

The Idaho vans just keep on coming! You've got yourself one nice rig there. Hit all us Boise folk up next time you are in town.

I am happy to put some flyers for The River Company on the front counter of Backcountry Pursuit if drop some off. I send at least a few people a year to the good folks at Sawtooth Mountain Guides.

Would love to meet you guys. Same goes for you guys if you are up in McCall or Stanley. I will drop by and say hello next time I am in Boise.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Awesome build! Glad to see Josh and MG kicking *** and taking great care of people!

I'll have to stop by next time I can get out to Stanley. Last time we went, my daughter was 1.5 and got super sick. One short night at the lake and we had to run back to Boise.

TrevorK

It's funny.... I feel like I am in the same boat you were, building essentially the same van... staring at a pile of parts and a pair of axles in the garage waiting for the weather and the time to start tearing into it.

I look forward to seeing how you go about building the interior. I too would like to be able to reconfigure the layout and was thinking about l-track. I haven't yet convinced myself if its strong enough to mount seats, but I want to.

Any plans for a house battery and/or a furnace?

Hyperdrive

It's funny.... I feel like I am in the same boat you were, building essentially the same van... staring at a pile of parts and a pair of axles in the garage waiting for the weather and the time to start tearing into it.

I look forward to seeing how you go about building the interior. I too would like to be able to reconfigure the layout and was thinking about l-track. I haven't yet convinced myself if its strong enough to mount seats, but I want to.

Any plans for a house battery and/or a furnace?

I think if you get the right stuff it will mount seats fine. Think of the track used in the avation or in wheelchair applications. We plan to have a house battery and furnace. MG plummed the line from the tank in preparation. I don't know anything about wiring so I will try and screw it up first.

Last edited:

moparmiller

Still liking your lift and mods? I am just about to pull the trigger on the same build but a 7.3.

Did you put in a matching rear axle? Does the big tank feed the OEM saddle tank?

stormlover

Adventurer
yah, another bump for a cool van. And are those 35s or 37s on the 18" Method wheels?

Man, you guys are going to have a summer river season for the ages!

Jsweezy

Explorer
Moparmiller -

Just incase hyperdrive doesn't see your question - his rear tank is the only tank he has and unless he put the axle in after I saw it then no it's just the stock e350 axle with spacers.

moparmiller

Is it possible to T the two tanks transfer pump supplies together or feed the rear tank into to the saddle? I'd love 70+ gallons on board for the long road trips

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles