Huntsonora’s 2006 DC Toyota Tundra

NW_VL

Posting to follow this thread. I have an 06DC that recently put on OME coil springs with Bilstein 5100 shocks and SPC uppers. Still running 265/75r16 tires which are looking a bit small in the wheel well now.

huntsonora

Explorer
Just got back from 2 weeks of guiding hunts in NM and the truck was just right. The rake is still significant but I do think the archive garage leaf pack will settle some more. I love the ride. The rear leaf pack isn’t near as harsh as I was expecting. I almost wish I had gone with OME 887’s vs the 885’s but can go that route next time I guess. Ride great but they rub the front mud flaps and the rake wouldn’t be as dramatic

That being said, I’m thrilled with the way it rides as it is

Attachments

• 549C1B99-F611-4A07-A76B-C06E46CDE094.jpeg
    549C1B99-F611-4A07-A76B-C06E46CDE094.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:

NW_VL

The setup looks great! I'll be needing new tires next year and I'm seriously considering 255s like yours.

If you want to reduce that rake you could throw in some thin spacers up front. Some people run a 1/4" spacer on the driver's side to correct the "Toyota lean". Putting one in on each side would bring you up about 1/2".

smokeysevin

Observer
The leaf springs will settle over time but it is sooooo much better than stock. I think the archive pack has 2 more leaf springs than the standard g57s so it may sag less.

Sean

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
Just got back from 2 weeks of guiding hunts in NM and the truck was just right. The rake is still significant but I do think the archive garage leaf pack will settle some more. I love the ride. The rear leaf pack isn’t near as harsh as I was expecting. I almost wish I had gone with OME 887’s vs the 885’s but can go that route next time I guess. Ride great but they rub the front mud flaps and the rake wouldn’t be as dramatic

I'm running 886's and love them. I installed them on Bilstein 5100's. So far they've great.

SharkDog

Thinking about buying this topper. Not the same color but I’m not too worried about it. anybody have experience with the unicover pro series? Thanks

Also, Old Man Emu suspension, sway bar extensions, archive garage rear leaf packs and SPC UCA’s are in. I’ll get that on next week

Looks like you didn't buy the topper. How come? Do you know if it's still for sale?

FJR Colorado

Explorer

Curious... where do you guide hunts in NM?

I am now right over the border in Pagosa Springs.

Long, long story... but yes, I have entered heaven on earth...

huntsonora

Explorer
Curious... where do you guide hunts in NM?

I am now right over the border in Pagosa Springs.

Long, long story... but yes, I have entered heaven on earth...

I love Chama and Pagosa! Amazing parts of the world! I guide closer to Raton. Equally impressive but completely different world here

huntsonora

Explorer
I just bought a Bush Company Alpha RTT. Trying to decide if I should mount it to a rack in the bed of the truck or buy a trailer and mount it on that. Thoughts? Pros? Cons?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior