Humorous ad for this '81 Series III- Perkins diesel

Overdrive

Adventurer
If you like Series vehicles and have a few minutes, read this ad on ebay for a good chuckle. :elkgrin:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land...ewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item27ad94a339

Sample, from the Q&A:
Q: Greetings! You must have bought this Landy from Wallace and Grommitt. Seriously, you should submit your fashionably eloquent description to Overland Journal. And, I hope you're not letting the lovely lass go with the sale. Ostensibly, you must reconsider this sale and continue writing... Going forward with the stodgy little thumping Perkins through chapters of exquisite meanderings and Anglophile tribulations... Dec-07-09
A: Feeling a bit peckish, I'll consider your dare over tomorrow's map, whittling some Wensleydale. To your favor is a petition against the sale from the first graders to press Perkins on into school bus duty through winter's looming rain, snow and misery. Against the fun are petitioning parents who despise crawling behind Perkins through the morning dropoff cul-de-sac traffic jam of blue puffs and click-clackety racket. This Landy appeals only to our raw inner child who has no interest in headrest mounted DVD-vision but revels in the sheer delight of hanging out a chattering sliding window. Cheers.

Wander

Expedition Leader
That one has been listed already once that I know of. Last week it was set up for private-prior approved bidders but I guess it did not meet it's reserve as it had $5200 listed with 8 minutes to go.

I also enjoyed the write up, that guy need to come habg out here!

telwyn

Adventurer
Wow - so well written my wife almost agreed to let me add another Rover to the collection! She even asked to see the pictures, but then noted she didn't like the diamond plating. That fact she even knew what diamond plating was just made my day.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
One of my favorite colors, and an enjoyable read too!

What of that exhaust manifold though?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior