HUMAN FECES

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stDeuce

Explorer
How do you manage it.

With the overlanding, boon docking season here I'll share one of the reasons locals HATE people camping off grid, away from a proper campground.

I run my dog on the beach, yesterday a Ford Transit thing was parked where I often do so we kept going. Hes gone today so the dog runs, I walk and what do we discover 20' from where he camped.....

HUMAN FECES

Too freaking lazy to dig an 8" deep hole and cover it up, Nope, lets just dump a load and leave.

For anyone wondering why the locals hate you.
This is top of the list

Get a brain, quit being a lazy, inconsiderate piece of crap and quit dumping a load in the forest.
No, HUMAN FECES is not the same as deer droppings.

So the question is......
How do you manage yer HUMAN FECES ?

This has seriously derailed, but I'll just say that my wife and I have become big fans of what we call the poo bucket. I bought a seat/lid off Amazon (Search "toilet bucket lid" for several options) that snaps onto a 5 gallon bucket. We line the bucket with a small kitchen trash bag, snap the lid on to hold the bag in place, and "go". When you're done, you sprinkle some kitty litter on it and close the lid. It rides in the truck camper with the lid closed when we're on the move and comes out when we reach a campsite. When not in use, I slide it under the truck a bit so it's out of the way. At the end of the trip, or whenever we feel the need, the poo bag comes out of the bucket and gets tossed in the trash. I try to only toss it into another garbage bag, so nobody would have to handle the bag. Usually, our trips are short, so this happens when we get home.

Beats the heck out of digging a hole every time, especially around here, where you need a quarter stick of dynamite to make even a small hole with the rocks. (Rocky Mountains...) It's also WAY more comfortable than squatting over a hole to go. We do try to only deposit solids in the bucket... Keeps the leak potential, and the weight, to a minimum.

Try it, you'll like it!!!

twodollars

I picked up one of those seats at walmart pretty cheap. Does work better than I imagined, but I'm kinda big and I'm sure it's hilarious when I use the setup.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
I carry a cassette toilet 24/7/365 - I use it nearly weekly, even at mountain trailheads... no facility not cool to even go in the start of teh woods and big a hole... this is too easy not to.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
This has seriously derailed, but I'll just say that my wife and I have become big fans of what we call the poo bucket. I bought a seat/lid off Amazon (Search "toilet bucket lid" for several options) that snaps onto a 5 gallon bucket. We line the bucket with a small kitchen trash bag, snap the lid on to hold the bag in place, and "go". When you're done, you sprinkle some kitty litter on it and close the lid. It rides in the truck camper with the lid closed when we're on the move and comes out when we reach a campsite. When not in use, I slide it under the truck a bit so it's out of the way. At the end of the trip, or whenever we feel the need, the poo bag comes out of the bucket and gets tossed in the trash. I try to only toss it into another garbage bag, so nobody would have to handle the bag. Usually, our trips are short, so this happens when we get home.

Beats the heck out of digging a hole every time, especially around here, where you need a quarter stick of dynamite to make even a small hole with the rocks. (Rocky Mountains...) It's also WAY more comfortable than squatting over a hole to go. We do try to only deposit solids in the bucket... Keeps the leak potential, and the weight, to a minimum.

Try it, you'll like it!!!
Am I the only one who is amused that '1st deuce' is commenting on poo?

wW2fwvL.gif

roving1

I often have this this site on a tab on half my laptop screen. Twice now I have left it on the thread index page and someone has asked "What's with HUMAN FECES in all caps?".

I now make sure I click on a thread or minimize the window before I leave my computer LOL.

Knickter

I'll start,

first I note where the roadside pull out outhouses are.
Second I use the restaurant and gas station facilities I stop at.
I might stop for a beer specifically so I can use the bars washroom before retiring.
Then, come morning I plan a trip back to the outhouse even if it is 5 miles way. Brew a coffee, have breakfast, go for a drive.

PS, no I have no onboard facilities in my SquareDrop Trailer. Altho I'm considering a bag, 5 gallon pail thing. So far at 65 I can control the urge. And if I have an emergency.... lol..... I do have a shovel.

And this is how you do it

WRONG_WAY_DAVE

Finally clicked--wished I hadn't...

Nobody told me adorning my truck with cool 4x4 overlanding gear and 12 pink MaxTraxx would require me to take 'deuces in the woods! :oops:

'Welp, back to the CorvetteForum...

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Ok I am locking this thread. I am on a snowboarding trip right now through Colorado and Utah and I really don't think this is a fun topic to moderate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles