hubsteps - any interest?

jesusgatos

Explorer
I designed a set of hubsteps for my Deuce motorhome project, and I'm going to make a small batch for some of the other guys with deuces. Now I'm wondering whether there would be any interest in hubsteps like these for other applications. Maybe the Mitsubishi trucks, or ______? The Deuce versions are pretty large and they're made out of 1/4" plate, and it looks like we'll be able to sell them for under $200/pair. Hope it's OK to post a thread like this.

deuce_hubstep_01.jpg

deuce_hubstep_02.jpg

deuce_hubstep_03.jpg

deuce_hubstep_04.jpg

deuce_hubstep_05.jpg

deuce_hubstep_06.jpg

deuce_hubstep_07.jpg

bucketosudz

Explorer
Gnarly and Purposeful, How can you go wrong!!!!

I like them and I dont have anything I could even put them on, however I can say that I have stepped on the hub portion of my Ford trucks on more than one occasion. I hope you find some takers, very nice craftsmanship. Kudos!:wings:

jesusgatos

Explorer
Thanks. Some of the big Dakar trucks I saw pictures of had them, and I just always thought they were a good idea, so I wanted to make a set for my Deuce. Some of the other guys with Deuces like them, and now I'm wondering what other vehicles they might be useful on.

FlatlinesUp

Adventurer
a little bigger and a little sharper and you're a certified zombie hunter!

very nice design and execution. While I don't own one, I'd think there should be a market for them on the larger trucks, just be sure to have a method to get the word out that you have them available

jesusgatos

Explorer
The zombie-hunter version would just have radial spokes that extend out further and would be pointed. Maybe we'd call those the Ben Hur hubs.

ben-hur.jpg

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Looks like they do some very impressive work...nothing better than a laser cut for making a project look right. I used to have CNC Plasma and was so disgusted with the cut that I ended up getting rid of it....almost better to have nothing at all that plasma for any detailed cutting. How much do they charge per inch?

Spence

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles