Howling Moon RTT 1.4 Tourer for sale $850

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
I think your price is spot on.
May I just add that since we now represent Howling Moon in the USA, whomever purchases this tent will be safe in the knowledge that we will have spare parts and accessories for it. We will also assist in any repairs and service on the tent in event of needing it, assuming it is out of the warranty period.

For those of you who may not know, Howling Moon has been in business as arguably the best safari rooftop tents available, for over 30 years. They are the chosen brand for most safari rental outfitters due to their exceptional quality and ruggedness.
Someone will make a good deal on a tent with this. New, the 1.4 tourer would be close on $2k.
We're happy to answer any questions on the tents if you are interested in either a new, or this used one that sounds in good shape and a good deal.

bvanetten

Thanks for the bump, bunduguy.

FWIW, I love the tent as do my two boys. It's just not big enough for the three of us and as they get bigger (11 and 13) it will only get worse. It sleeps great (thick canvas makes for a cave like sleeping area with the windows zipped up). And it stays cool withe all the windows open, great for napping. :)

Time to cut my losses and move into a Kodiak.

Tent still for sale.

bvanetten

FexEx Rates

Shipping from Phoenix to Camano Island WA FedEx ground costs $102.72 based on weight. I don't know if the tents physical size would disqualify it.

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
Unfortunately FedEx ground is out due to dimensions, but fedex freight or LTL is an option. Takes a couple of days longer, but would not work out too much more that your ground quote.

bvanetten

Some good stats here http://www.howlingmoon.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=75

Here is a guy setting it up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYn0Xe_hKNA

Setup was always quicker than closing it up for me. Mainly because I'm picky about how it gets folded up and I clean it off first. I could get a usable sleeping structure up in about 5 minutes.

Now to fully setup camp depends on how many gadgets you like to futz with in camp. I'm a bit of a minimalist, after the tent is up I setup an awning, table, water jug, stove, lantern, and chairs. All done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94