Howling Moon 270 Awning

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Anyone have first hand experience with the Howling Moon 270 awning? It is similar to many 270 awnings on the market, but it happens to come in two lengths. 2000mm and 2500mm. I need the shorter 2000mm length so I'm looking to gather reviews and thoughts on this awning.. Unlike a similar 270 awning, offered in a shorter length, the Batwing Compact, the Howling Moon 270 has all metal construction, which I prefer, similar to the Fiamma Compass. Plus, this is free standing most of the time until it gets windy. Then you can use the built in legs and straps. Current exchange rates makes the $1,090AUD --> $776USD.
It also comes in three colors and has available side walls.

https://www.howlingmoon.com.au/product/270-degree-awning

Dozer Dan

Observer
I have the HM Swing Awn 2m. I also have the walls.
The awning itself is excellent. Really sturdy construction, nice thick fabric. I love that the legs are built in. I rarely use the legs though.
The bag is pretty ******** to be honest with you. I think Stevie Wonder may have done the stitching. I have compared this first hand to many other premium awnings and it is just as good if not better than all except the excellent Alu-cab.

I have heard that HM went bust though so I'm not sure if you can get hold of one....

Photobug

I have been in contact with the company importing them, Sierra Expeditions. From what I can tell they have a great reputation and a better waterproofing than others I have considered. They have a 6 arm version that gives a huge amount of coverage, which is what i want. I have been promised a price for the awnings on Wednesday.

It looks like a great product if the company can get them here into the states. So far no luck on getting one.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Photobug,

Did Will at Sierra say he was still importing Howling Moon stuff? If that is the case, I’ll be extremely happy. I did not think there were any importers in the US for this stuff.

Photobug

Photobug,

Did Will at Sierra say he was still importing Howling Moon stuff? If that is the case, I’ll be extremely happy. I did not think there were any importers in the US for this stuff.
Yes he is trying but having troubles check your PMs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94