How/What do you have your RTT mounted on your vehicle??

richamor

Without having to search through thousands of posts to find clues I'd like to see how you have your RTT mounted on your vehicle. Maybe we could have a sticky with the following info:

What RTT:

What vehicle:

How many of which loadbars or rack:

Static weight and total weight load (tent and occupants):

How long you've used this setup:

Overall happiness with setup:

My reason for asking is simple. I want to mount the Ikamper to my Jeep Commander. Total static weight load will be ~465lbs. The tent weight 165lbs. Right now looking at 3 Yakima (Part Numbers: Y00422,Y00148,Y00225) with a 220lb weight capacity.

rgallant

Adventurer
Wrong question, what is the roof loading of your jeep, then the rest follows. The rack loading only matter if your roof can take i.

Most vehicles have about 100 to 160 dynamic load.

The load includes your rack, tent any anything else you put up there, static is "usually" 2 to 3 times dynamic.

manoweb

Good idea!

What RTT: Autohome Columbus medium extra long

What vehicle: Toyota FJ Cruiser (Manual Transmission)

How many of which loadbars or rack: Bajarack flat (utility) rack

Static weight and total weight load (tent and occupants): Between the RTT and the occupants and misc, I estimate about 200kg

How long you've used this setup: 7-8 years

Overall happiness with setup: pretty happy; no concern.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Frontrunner Tent with Annex 93lbs + 8lbs
FJ Cruiser
2) Yakima crossbars on stock FJ Rack
Two adults and a dog plus bedding and random misc stuff and we're at or just over 400lbs including tent and everything.
Two years
Happy and no concerns.

You feel the weight and wind drag at first, but then you adjust your drive style and forget all about it.

Minimal Mileage drop (I drive with a heavy gas foot so I always get below average MPG's)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles