How to kill a Toyota

Toyotero

Explorer
Top gear couldn't do it, but someone finally figured out how to kill a Toyota... both a Hilux and a Tacoma gen II meet their demise in this video.

output_nSviFT.gif

http://www.airforce-technology.com/...one-live-fire-trials-from-mq-9-reaper-4203820

Lucky j

Explorer
My hilux died on me at least 3 times on its own and it was not really old. when I say died, it was to a point that without the faulty parts needed to be change for it to keep on going, as with any other brand of vehicule.

My wrangler as always been more relaible than my hilux, Same age, same millage and the toy was a road vehicule only.

Elbee

Adventurer
Those are Tacomas. The white one is probably bought brand new from local dealership.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I think he means the first truck they hit. Sure looks like a 89-95 XtraCab to me.

hilux1.jpg hilux2.jpg

But I'm not sure they actually destroyed it. Fuel tank on this generation is on the right side, the ECU is under the passenger's kick panel. There's not really much important where they perforated the truck other than a seat belt. Put a new wheel on and I bet it starts and goes. Not sure they even broke the frame.

Old Toyota are pretty tough to ruin...

i-W6NQ83F-S.jpg

They also take out a Ford Super Duty at the end.

Last edited:

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
My hilux died on me at least 3 times on its own and it was not really old. when I say died, it was to a point that without the faulty parts needed to be change for it to keep on going, as with any other brand of vehicule.

My wrangler as always been more relaible than my hilux, Same age, same millage and the toy was a road vehicule only.

You must be the exception.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

Toyotero

Explorer
But I'm not sure they actually destroyed it. Fuel tank on this generation is on the right side, the ECU is under the passenger's kick panel. There's not really much important where they perforated the truck other than a seat belt. Put a new wheel on and I bet it starts and goes. Not sure they even broke the frame.

Old Toyota are pretty tough to ruin...

Ha! Good point. It still looks a lot better off than Top Gear's truck.

img_1483.jpg

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
The bed still lines up with the cab, the frame is probably not only intact but likely still straight even. Heck, they didn't even knock off the chrome wheel well trim! That might actually buff out, well with the help of a Sawz-All or torch to trim away some superfluous sheet metal to keep from bumping your melon, anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz