how to change spark plugs video

lgrt

Adventurer
I have found the better you know your rig the better prepared you are when your out in the middle of nowhere... So I finally got around to changing the spark plugs on my fj cruiser and I did a write up and video. I hope it helps someone who is thinking about doing their own work and a little hesitant. This really is an easy maintenance activity and a good way to get to know your FJ Cruiser.

how to change spark plugs video

hope you like it.

Last edited:

maxama10

Welcome to Nevadafornia
I just did mine on my Tacoma yesterday, I don't quite understand why you took the whole air cleaner assembly off. That was the easy side.

Good video though.

lgrt

Adventurer
I don't quite understand why you took the whole air cleaner assembly off. That was the easy side.

Thanks. Glad you liked it.

The factory manual actually calls for it and we needed the room to film but you are right... you can leave air assembly on and work the coils and plugs out. You can also leave the surge tank stay and oil stay plate attached... just loosen them and work around them a bit...

But since they are all easy to pull and only add a few minutes we thought we would show all the steps.

maxama10

Welcome to Nevadafornia
Thanks. Glad you liked it.

The factory manual actually calls for it and we needed the room to film but you are right... you can leave air assembly on and work the coils and plugs out. You can also leave the surge tank stay and oil stay plate attached... just loosen them and work around them a bit...

But since they are all easy to pull and only add a few minutes we thought we would show all the steps.

Gotcha, thanks!

Again, quality video!
-Max

lgrt

Adventurer
@sovereign a torque wrench is cheaper than a new head... or you can go old school, tighten until you feel it seat than add 1/4 - 1/2 a turn... but I'll leave that to the guys with 10 years wrenching and can time an engine just by ear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94