How to build an 80 on a budget

CreeperSleeper

Looking for bigger rocks.
I'm glad you like it! I built it to handle the abuse I put my 80 through (which was way more than 99% of the other people).

Klierslc

Explorer
It is standard size. What would one carry in a hitch rack? Hope you are having fun over there!
Having a grand old time!
As far as what to put in the hitch rack, whatever you wanted I suppose. The aluminum rack from HF fits a cooler pretty well and hanging it off the tire carrier would keep it away from the rocks. With 5 kids I don't have as much interior room as the rest of you...

Sempertoy

Explorer
Having a grand old time!
As far as what to put in the hitch rack, whatever you wanted I suppose. The aluminum rack from HF fits a cooler pretty well and hanging it off the tire carrier would keep it away from the rocks. With 5 kids I don't have as much interior room as the rest of you...

haha, I see what you are saying. I am actually planning on using the jerry can rack for a cooler holder, I hardly ever go anywhere where I need an additional 15 gallons of fuel. I can keep the one can in the back. As far as seating for 5 kids, that must be a tight squeeze. You should call Christo Slee and see if he will sell you the 80 limo ;)

Hey Chad, I'm curious as to how much one of those things weighs.

Too bad they don't cover the muffler or I wouldn't have a shiny new one under my 80! :D

Sempertoy

Explorer
Not sure of how this fits into "budget" but....
I put on some 37"s on friday. It actually was a budget item because I found them on CL for 650, paid 550 and then sold my 35"s for 250, so they ended up costing me 300 bucks for bigger/better tires.

Mauka2Makai

Explorer
Looks like somebody is going to need some re gearing here soon. How's it handling on 37's? Your LC is Coming along very nicely.

amaesing

Nice writeup on a sweet 80 you have and budget planning. Seen Sean's bumper work up close and can vouch for his great fabrication work on the 80. Need to get modding now...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Sempertoy

Explorer
Nice writeup on a sweet 80 you have and budget planning. Seen Sean's bumper work up close and can vouch for his great fabrication work on the 80. Need to get modding now...

Mark right? Pretty sure I follow you on insta as well lol. Thanks for the kind words, I love the bumper! Can't wait to actually test it out!

Sempertoy

Explorer
Looks like somebody is going to need some re gearing here soon. How's it handling on 37's? Your LC is Coming along very nicely.

Yeah gears are next on the list! Probably going 5.29's and then putting marlins low range gears in the T-case.

It's actually handling surprisingly well on the 37"s. seems to search for gears less than when on 35"s. might be pulling the flares soon :/

amaesing

Mark right? Pretty sure I follow you on insta as well lol. Thanks for the kind words, I love the bumper! Can't wait to actually test it out!

Yup, that's me, lol, getting the 80 regeared, should have back this week to test.

kletzenklueffer

Adventurer
don't forget that there are solid spacers for the front and rear diffs now (including the 9.5" elocked rear). A cheap addition that beefs up the diff. I got mine from Nitro for about $110.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles