How to adjust cab tilt torsion bar spring? Isuzu NPS

Stafford

Not sure how to do this, found a post for Canters, but Isuzu quite different.
To tighten (and provide more lift assist) would I just remove the plate and rotate it clockwise a few notches then rebolt?

Thanks for any advice!

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

Stafford

Great! Any luck adjusting your cab tilt torsion bar then Here_we_are_au? :)
By the way I think our models look heaps tougher than the new ones!

Fugly

Adventurer
There’s a thread somewhere on here about adjusting the system...
It was a couple of years ago ...
Can’t remember who started it ...
Go back thru the pages from memory it wasn’t that hard to do ...

Bris31

Adventurer
There’s a thread somewhere on here about adjusting the system...
It was a couple of years ago ...
Can’t remember who started it ...
Go back thru the pages from memory it wasn’t that hard to do ...

Overlander1

I use to have problems lifting my cab by myself, till an old truckie saw me struggling and suggested opening the cab doors while lifting the cab. Now i can lift the cab with one hand , i cant believe i didn't think of it myself.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
an old truckie saw me struggling and suggested opening the cab doors while lifting the cab.
Yes, this will definitely work, but you should be mindful that the door hinges were not designed to hold weight that way, so you need to be careful you do not do any damage when using that method.
The solution to address this problem is pretty simple on a Fuso, but sadly I cannot offer any advice on how to do the same on an Isuzu, as I do not own one.

Overlander1

Yes, this will definitely work, but you should be mindful that the door hinges were not designed to hold weight that way, so you need to be careful you do not do any damage when using that method.
The solution to address this problem is pretty simple on a Fuso, but sadly I cannot offer any advice on how to do the same on an Isuzu, as I do not own one.
I built a custom console for my canter but it ended up a bit weighty, even with the cab lift fully adjusted .without the doors open it's a two person effort

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94