How Soon Will These be Available for Trucks?

HowardH

Adventurer
I believe the Hummer ones are Michelin and Michelin has stated they feel they are a few years away from general public availability. Starting with ATV's seems to make good sense.

I especially like the comments regarding how quiet they are without the air chamber as a resonating "noise" enhancer.

westyss

Explorer
For some reason I dont see those as totally viable for the type of terrain that I may be on, they can't be aired down for sand or rougher surfaces and look like you could lose traction due to not really 'giving' much, probably have to have two sets, one for roads and one for off roads. No adjustment for weight available either, just one ride!

cwsqbm

Explorer
I'm sure they look great on Hummers - give that 30" wheel look without having easily bent wheel lips. :)

Funny how somethings are just a few years away, for decades.

sourdough

Adventurer
Cool, but mud packed in the web would be a real problem. Imagine how unbalanced and heavy they'd be....

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Cool, but mud packed in the web would be a real problem. Imagine how unbalanced and heavy they'd be....

Yes. Or here in the north the six months of snow would be a problem, already enough problems with ice getting packed in a regular set of wheels. Although, now that I think of it, should not be much of a problem to have them made with a solid cover. So the open honey comb would be the bling model. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles